Discuss DOL Switch Wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

David Prosser

Thanks for the overload link but I think I'm going to buy a complete new switch maybe this one.
Starter.jpg

The spec is:
Used primarily for motor switching.

Three different ratings to suit single phase motor powers from 750W - 3.75kW

Units for 750W, 2.25kW or 3.75kW motors.

Adjustable overload protection:

340192 - 6A to 8A

340193 - 14A to 17A

340194 - 17A to 21A
Can be used with additional foot switches, interlocking micro switches or thermal overloads.

175mm (6⁷⁄₈ʺ) high x 100mm (4ʺ) wide x 130mm (51⁄₈ʺ) deep

IP54 rated against dust and moisture ingress.

Only thing I'm not sure about is my motor is 1.5hp 6.9amp, the 340192 does between 6A to 8A but is that only good for 750watts.
[automerge]1585756995[/automerge]
David Prosser

Iv'e just taken another look at the Axminster Tools Site, they do one which is 1500watt but I think the overload is 14A to 17A which will be too high, so I'm still looking.
[automerge]1585758311[/automerge]
Guys
Iv'e just seen this Electric Motor DOL Starter 240V or 415V pre wired contactor it comes with various ratings 5.5 to 8amp or 6 to 10amp price is £37.99 ebay.

Question the plate on my motor says 6.9amp but it does not say if thats the maximum so which of the two ratings above do you think would be the best to go for???

DOL Stater 1.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to DOL Switch Wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
1964 house old style wiring Need to wire a extractor fan up Is it possible to wire the extractor fan to report switch there's 2 red wires in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed 6 recessed lights in my living room. I’m now up to the wiring part of the project. There is an outlet in the room that is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock