Discuss Domestic Lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

How can you instal lighting without the knowledge of where you are alowed to run wires,? allowed to dril holes in joists? or cut notches?, ultimately these considerations tell your client where they are allowed to have their lights !!!- yes we can put a light anywhere, sometimes its at great cost because of the above considerations. And another thing, No sparkey will certificate a new circuit unless he saw the wiring run going in ! Re read my message mate ! give you a clue to real life lighting, its cheaper to put a pad saw through a ceiling and re board it rather than have a chipbard sheet bedroom floor up and back down. If you wana replace a light fitting with another, then its just a replacement unit- I think thats all you had better stick to at the moment. Yep, any sparky will come along and connect it up for you.

Thank you very much for your input bugsy and anyone else who wasnt negative to my query, I have a friend already who is an electrician and can help me come the time, i am only looking in to options at present and i will look in to lighting design courses but i would think they maybe rare?

Thats probably the best route to take. He will also be able to spec an installation for you to your customers requirements, and as he is a sparky he will know what can and cant be achieved with wiring and switching etc.

Some of the other posts may appear negative, but they are correct in what they say. The advent of Part P building regs put the mockers on it for the likes of yourself. Unfortunately if you wish to fit lighting you will have to play to the same rules as we do, and have all the test gear etc etc that we need. It makes no difference whether you want to be an sparky or not.

Cheers........Howard;)

Reply to Domestic Lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net