Discuss EICR query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What you have got to understand is that all electricians are giving C2's to try and get the work to fix it when the installations are perfectly safe. It's a disgraceful scam orchestrated by the government and electrical governing bodies.

No, it is only unscrupulous electricians who do this, or ones who do not understand the regs. It certainly isn't 'all electricians'.

What you have got to understand is that all electricians are giving C2's to try and get the work to fix it when the installations are perfectly safe. It's a disgraceful scam orchestrated by the government and electrical governing bodies.
1 - rather old thread
2 - maybe some electricians, but certainly not all. Most have ethics. I have a client base built on trust and not ripping people off.

If you’ve had a bad experience feel free to ask about it, people do stick EICRs up on here for comment, with all personal details redacted.

What you have got to understand is that all electricians are giving C2's to try and get the work to fix it when the installations are perfectly safe. It's a disgraceful scam orchestrated by the government and electrical governing bodies
I’d add that if you have a look through the EICR section of the forum you will see many examples that are not competently performed, and the extent that proper electricians disagree with the findings.

As in most* walks of life, the majority of any profession are doing a decent job, and there are a few who are unscrupulous charlatans. Sadly when the law mandates something there will be more charlatans coming out to profit from it.

These forums show a lot of EICR problems but it is self-selecting: folks post here because they have some issue with it. True, there are underlying problems of different guidance being offered according to which scheme an electrician belongs to, but most folk (including those schemes) have sensible guidance that is publicly available as "Best Practice Guide #4" downloadable from here:

If someone has concern that the coding is not reasonable, folks here will look at any (personal details redacted) report, supporting photos, etc, and offer some advice. In a lot of cases you find the original electrician actually corrects things as they are not deliberately doing it, but mistakes happen.

[*] except politicians, of course.

Is it possible the EICR relates to the original installation as post #4 implies and not just the extension in question.
Its possible the extension is compliant and the C2's relate to other issues in an existing installation?

Reply to EICR query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net