Discuss Electrical Installation Certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MacLec

Hey folks,

I am doing an electrical installation certificate for a mates gf for free, the people who installed it (kitchen circuits) never left her with any paper work and its is due because of planning permission with local council or something along those lines after getting the kitchen done.

I am going to include a forward (purpose etc) an electrical installation cert, schedule of test results, schedule of inspections and copies or my trade papers 17th etc.

will this be suffice for her needs or does it need to be paid for? It's not a homer I'm honestly doing it for nothing. Just want to make sure it will suffice before it goes ahead.

Must be mad. That EIC your signing could become a legal document in court if anything was to happens to the property such as fire or if somebody receives a fatal electric shock. Hope you like porridge.

With an EICR you are testing the installation and your issuing and giving the customer a report on the condition of the installation. With an EIC your signing the work off as your own. In which case you are taking legal responsibility, if things goes ---- up you could find yourself in a court.

With an EICR you are testing the installation and your issuing and giving the customer a report on the condition of the installation. With an EIC your signing the work off as your own. In which case you are taking legal responsibility, if things goes ---- up you could find yourself in a court.

Excellent advice thanks, can I just to an EICR for those specific circuits as that is all she needs to meet the

hrm it says you cant use eicr when additions or alterations are made

BS7671 is a non statatory document so if you don't have to follow the requirements within it but if you dont you have to explain the reasons why not and an EIC is part of that document so by completing one for this job you are stating you are taking responabilty for design instalation and testing of the work done if you feel convident to be able to convince s judge and jury that your reasons for not following BS7671 was better than following it then carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrical Installation Certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net