Discuss ESRTERFW Wireless Thermostat wiring help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

edgealex

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my mechanical thermostat to a wireless one but when I connect the wires it doesn't work.

This is the old one:
photo_2023-11-18_14-15-24.jpgphoto_2023-11-18_14-15-21.jpg

And this is the new one:
Untitled.jpgUntitled - Copy.jpg

I tried to connect the brown wire to pin (1) and blue to pin (2) but it didn work, anyone can help?

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-18_14-15-17.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 11
  • photo_2023-11-18_14-15-17.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 8
It looks like your old thermostat is just wired with a L & Calling for Heat, i.e. no N connection.
Your new thermostat appears to need a N connection that you don't have.

Thanks for the response. If I wanna change my old thermostat, do you know what kind of thermostat should i look for to fit the current wiring? I appreciate it if you could mention names or links

I'm puzzled by what you are trying to do here. The product you show is a wireless thermostat in the sense that the temperature sensing bit is battery powered, and it sends data to the mains powered bit that you mount by the boiler, which receives the signal and turns the boiler on and off etc. It's designed to be used when you don't have a wire going to where you want a thermostat.
But you do have that wire.

Did you want "wireless" in the sense that you want to use the thermostat from your phone?
If so, the solution is a battery powered 'smart' thermostat.

One example of this (from China!)

or if you just want a better looking digital thermostat with programmer, but not operated remotely:

I'm puzzled by what you are trying to do here. The product you show is a wireless thermostat in the sense that the temperature sensing bit is battery powered, and it sends data to the mains powered bit that you mount by the boiler, which receives the signal and turns the boiler on and off etc. It's designed to be used when you don't have a wire going to where you want a thermostat.
But you do have that wire.

Did you want "wireless" in the sense that you want to use the thermostat from your phone?
If so, the solution is a battery powered 'smart' thermostat.

One example of this (from China!)

or if you just want a better looking digital thermostat with programmer, but not operated remotely:
Hello, i bought the thermostat you mentioned above (the one from china)
this has three pins(NC, COM, NO), but mine still has only two pins, how should i do the wiring?

Attachments

• photo_2023-12-04_14-22-21.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 8
  • photo_2023-12-04_14-22-25.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 8
  • old thermostat.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Your two wires need to go to the C (Com) and the NO (Normally Open) terminals. It doesn't matter which way round they go.
It doesn't need an earth, so just leave that wire with the sleeving on and not connected

Reply to ESRTERFW Wireless Thermostat wiring help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net