Discuss EV testers in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Despite several phone calls I cannot get a starigh answer to this, if I buy my tested from say Rolec will it test all other EV cp,s bearing in mind that they are all installed to the same regs and must meet he relevant specs, I can understand why when asked will my xxxx ev tester test your YYY charge point get told told no you need our tester, so to the point will any tester test any charge point, and I am excluding Tesla, but all othe Home and workplace chargers
DM

I was considering the metrel adapter but it wont work with my current model as it is not supported, So the option of the new matrel and adapter is the thick end of £2000 so looking at a more affordable tester

This is what I am using with a megger 1741+

Don't see why it wouldn't work with a metrel, all the output ports are standard for the meter connections.
Sy

I bet there will be a few deals to be had in the sales, I see megger do a kit with it all in now.

Essentially all the same in principle if they use the 4mm banana jacks or plug outlet. the rolec will simulate the car being present and let you connect your mft to test zs, rcds etc... It will work with all type 1 or type 2 chargers both tethered and untethered.

I now have the megger unit and use it with a kewtech kt64dl, offers the full range of simulated tests, not just the basics for commissioning a unit. I carry out annual inspections and get called to faulty chargers so need to be able to do more than what the chargecheck offers. The megger unit is better priced than the metrel and does what I need whilst being small and light.

I actually have the charger check for sale but have offered it to a forum member, if he doesn't want it I shall let folks know to see if any takers.

Despite several phone calls I cannot get a starigh answer to this, if I buy my tested from say Rolec will it test all other EV cp,s bearing in mind that they are all installed to the same regs and must meet he relevant specs, I can understand why when asked will my xxxx ev tester test your YYY charge point get told told no you need our tester, so to the point will any tester test any charge point, and I am excluding Tesla, but all othe Home and workplace chargers
DM

Yes Rolec tester does work with other EVCE, I have done Rolec, Ohme, Andersen, Project EV. However, it is basic to say the least. Press a button and three lights come on if all is good. You do have the three pin plug for your tester to go into. What they dont tell you is that the lead it comes with wont work directly with the charger, at least mine doesn't. I need to use a charging cable before the charger, which is fine if the customer has one, but if not.....

I've just bought a TIS EV tester, much better, can test many more aspects of the charger. I'm going to be selling my Rolec tester. Do Rolec still want proof that you have the tester to become registered with them?
You do realise you can install any charger now and go through the OLEV process, those certificates from the manufacturers are redundant as from Sepetember last year!

Essentially all the same in principle if they use the 4mm banana jacks or plug outlet. the rolec will simulate the car being present and let you connect your mft to test zs, rcds etc... It will work with all type 1 or type 2 chargers both tethered and untethered.

I now have the megger unit and use it with a kewtech kt64dl, offers the full range of simulated tests, not just the basics for commissioning a unit. I carry out annual inspections and get called to faulty chargers so need to be able to do more than what the chargecheck offers. The megger unit is better priced than the metrel and does what I need whilst being small and light.

I actually have the charger check for sale but have offered it to a forum member, if he doesn't want it I shall let folks know to see if any takers.
Hi There
I actually have the Kewtech KT64DL and was reluctant to give up my tester to shed out £1400 or whatever so does the megger unit with the Kewtech KT64DL cover all tests needed?
Thanks
Paul

Reply to EV testers in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock