Discuss Exam success!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stuartgil

Hi all, am over the moon as I have had my results today for the 2382 and the certificate for domestic electrical installer and have passed both exams :smile5:. I now have a week of testing to do before the college sign me off as a domestic installer, I wonder if there's any one in the south wales area that would be willing for me to work alongside them when they come to testing? I don't expect payment as the experience far out ways wages at this point for me. I have worked alongside an electrician whilst doing some of my training but he has gone quiet with work so looking to gain as much experience as possible.

not as yet growler, as I gain more experience within the field I will defo look at other courses as my one mate also does a lot of commercial work so will look into a qualification that allows me to go into commercial electrics. Would this course allow me to go into commercial?

well done mate.Now you can do some real electrical qualifications and in a couple of years be a spark and hopefully the economy will have picked up a bit and you can start making some decent money

Hi all, am over the moon as I have had my results today for the 2382 and the certificate for domestic electrical installer and have passed both exams :smile5:. I now have a week of testing to do before the college sign me off as a domestic installer, I wonder if there's any one in the south wales area that would be willing for me to work alongside them when they come to testing? I don't expect payment as the experience far out ways wages at this point for me. I have worked alongside an electrician whilst doing some of my training but he has gone quiet with work so looking to gain as much experience as possible.
as has been said....dont just sit on this.....
onwards and upwards..onwards and upwards...

cheers glennspark, I plan on getting as much experience as I can, maybe working as an electricians mate and with that going onto more qualifications, I know some ppl think that this domestic installers qual is a joke but its a foot in the door and a step in the right direction. But thank you for your response and advice.

cheers glennspark, I plan on getting as much experience as I can, maybe working as an electricians mate and with that going onto more qualifications, I know some ppl think that this domestic installers qual is a joke but its a foot in the door and a step in the right direction. But thank you for your response and advice.
clearly an understanding thats what you will be then...for now that is...but thats also upto you...isn`t it...

clearly an understanding thats what you will be then...for now that is...but thats also upto you...isn`t it...

yes totally agree with you there mate, it is up to me and me only, I have worked alongside a sparky and a very good one might I add he gave me lots of questions and also lots of advice whilst having the time to show me what I should be doing within the job. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will do my best to go through the right channels to work in this occupation.

yes totally agree with you there mate, it is up to me and me only, I have worked alongside a sparky and a very good one might I add he gave me lots of questions and also lots of advice whilst having the time to show me what I should be doing within the job. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will do my best to go through the right channels to work in this occupation.
thats the spirit kid...
anyway...ask away in here for info....lots of experienced guys in here....

cheers Glennspark, looks like you have a fair bit of experience from the advice that your giving, really appreciate all help and advice from you guys on here. I would like to do the 2330 course a bit further down the line or if I can get employed by an electrical company then may be the NVQ qualification.

Hi Stuart, firstly congrats on the exam success. It may be that I will be testing in south wales a week fri/sat. Depends on how the job goes.
There wont be much money in it as Im doing it for my brother whose electrician has left the job half done after being paid in full.

Hi Stuart, firstly congrats on the exam success. It may be that I will be testing in south wales a week fri/sat. Depends on how the job goes.
There wont be much money in it as Im doing it for my brother whose electrician has left the job half done after being paid in full.
Hi babylonsburning, as I said i'm not to bothered about wages as I have a full time job at the moment, i'm after the experience more than anything at the moment, and it will help me out a great deal and give me a better understanding of testing because I'm due to take the 2392 testing exam.

Hi babylonsburning, as I said i'm not to bothered about wages as I have a full time job at the moment, i'm after the experience more than anything at the moment, and it will help me out a great deal and give me a better understanding of testing because I'm due to take the 2392 testing exam.
now...if only others took this attitude...

cheers Glennspark, looks like you have a fair bit of experience from the advice that your giving, really appreciate all help and advice from you guys on here. I would like to do the 2330 course a bit further down the line or if I can get employed by an electrical company then may be the NVQ qualification.

Now i like that. Fair play to ya.

cheers Stroppy, what exams do you have coming up? I was nervous but when I got into the exam room I just went for it and all the hours of revision paid off thankfully!!
I've got my 2330 302 inspection & testing, and 303 fault diagnosis and rectifiation coming up. Both of which are written, and not computer multi-choice which are easy when the right answer jumps out at you. I've been reasonably confident about my previous exams, but proper bricking it over these!

well done mate.Now you can do some real electrical qualifications and in a couple of years be a spark and hopefully the economy will have picked up a bit and you can start making some decent money

Yep, This 2382 qualification is basically an add-on qualification for a previously qualified electrician. It's not by any stretch of the imagination an electrical qualification, and nor should it be treated as such!! So my advice to the OP is, ...Now go to collage and get some REAL core electrical qualifications, and not to kid himself and others that he's now Qualified!!

It both saddens and bloody annoys me, that such blatantly low standards, can be taken as now being deemed competent to go into peoples homes and start messing around with peoples electrical installations!! The rest of the Western electrical world must be laughing their heads off at what's going on in the UK!! ...lol!!

I understand where markc123 is coming from as like me I did an apprenticeship at 16. Spent 5 years working all over the country missing all nights out with my mates to work towards my goal of becoming a qualified spark, this being just as the downwards spiral began,

You can now become a qualified spark in 2 weeks. But fair play to this guy who sees it as a step to go onwards an upwards and not just think that's it can do it all now like some of these guys think.

Congrats mate

I understand where markc123 is coming from as like me I did an apprenticeship at 16. Spent 5 years working all over the country missing all nights out with my mates to work towards my goal of becoming a qualified spark, this being just as the downwards spiral began,

You can now become a qualified spark in 2 weeks. But fair play to this guy who sees it as a step to go onwards an upwards and not just think that's it can do it all now like some of these guys think.

Congrats mate
no...you cant...

Make sure you tell your friends to become domestic installers too there just really does not seem to be enough of them these days. Two new vans in my road last year they dont seem to move much mind. :rolleyes:

Congrats mate
no...you cant...
Ok then a domestic installer type thing to be precise

That'll be 17 days then!! lol!!

Ive only been doing this for 6 years and I still dont think Im an electrician...When I read some of the things that the older guys like Tony, E54, telectricks post's, I cant wait till Ive got that amount of knowledge. I have a gold card that says " Electrician" but I still believe I am along way from being that!! We are all still learning and to think it can be done in 17 days is just pig ignorant!!lol

I'm so glad you realise that you have limitations mate, well done for those 2 passes. I look forward to congratulating you on passing some proper electrical exams. Please note, I'm not trying to belittle you and what you have done because you appear to know that there's a lot you don't know that you need to and that to me is where you will benefit over some of the people you studied with who now think they are real electricians, because you will now go and get the knowledge that you need. Fair play to you sir.

Reply to Exam success!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net