Discuss fein multimaster in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got one years 4 or 5 years ago brilliant toll got me out of some scrapes used mine for putting hindges on doors too great tool blades a a tad expensive having said that i get a batch when i go to elex so alot cheaper there

Soz, late to the party, but I bought the 240v Fein before the other makes came on the market. As others have said, it (or similar) is worth it's weight in gold. It's gotten me round what would have been time & sanity sapping situations many times. Yes OEM blades are expensive - I use Shark blades now. Good points by Fox about use of/extending blade life.

I bought a fein which was 2 years old from an oak floor fitter, he had hammered it and after 10 minutes of constant use started blowing flames out of the motor, so he bought a new one and was about to throw the old one out - he gave it to me for £20 with a box of bits and did me for nearly a year absolutely fine as the longest I used it for in one go was around 5 mins.

Then was on a big kitchen install and there were some polish labourers doing the plastering for a seperate builder, I went out to the van for lunch and a few minutes later the polish lads came out, chucked the stuff in their car and off they went....I finished my lunch to find the Fein was gone! Gutted but have since bought a £40 one from Duratool I think and that is just as good!

had a clarke one, it survived one year of house bashing...
now have a makita one, 250 watts instead of 200 or 180 other models have, its second year and still doing strong...
get blades on ebay, they very expensive in screwfix type places.
items in saxton-trading store on eBay!
using that for blades and is not bad... but got to be careful with nails as they wear out the blade too quick.

Hi guys, I'm new here. I had a question to ask but it seems that browsing this forum has seen it answered already - so I would like to say thank you to you all.

Anyways, I've been an oscillating multitool user for about a year now, well close to 11 months anyway. It all started when I wanted to get very specific cuts in wood for a project me and my wife were working on (she had me doing all the hard work as usual). I tried drills and saws etc, but nothing got me that accurate cut until I saw a video of these multitool machines at work - I had found my machine.

So, I got myself a fein and gave it a whirl - great machine. Pleased with the results, I started to use it to make repairs to the flat we share together, just little jobs, but the blades didn't last long.

I shopped around on the web for blades at cheaper prices, came across the regular culprits who charge an arm and leg for the items we need - but then I also came across Saxtons, whom are great. Good prices, same blades as the OEM's but cheaper... but now, I have to share my latest discovery with you - I found the guys in the UK who actually have these multitool blades manufactured in th far east - they are called Sabrecut and trade as (wait I need to check again)... right, they trade as Tops Tools - their brand is called SABRECUT.

Just picked up a set of 10 blades for guess how much? £15.99 with next day delivery posted from the UK.

So there it is, my heads-up for you guys because I found this forum very useful. Thank you.

items in sabrecutblades store on eBay!

I just noticed that they stock electro plated multitool blades for prices that are cheaper than saxtons regular ones? Might have to order one just for kicks - electro plated is supposed to be the dogs danglies from what I understand.

Oh, btw, one last thing - my landlord reduced the rent on the property by £40 PCM because of the good things I did with the fein - now there's something to shout about!

Kind regards, and once again, thank you.

Mohsen

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a worx sonicrafter(wired) and have used it quite a few times for jobs that would have been difficult otherwise. I also have a set of cheap saxton blades. I haven't used them often enough to test whether they wear out too quickly, but for occasional use they are much much cheaper than any alternatives I could see.

I had the corded versus cordless debate. Went for the corded (dewalt) in the end. Just seems to me a multi cutter is often used in tight spaces, and the battery on a cordless would just seem to get in the way? From what I've gleaned, no difference between power, as long as you use at least 4ah batteries.

I had the corded versus cordless debate. Went for the corded (dewalt) in the end. Just seems to me a multi cutter is often used in tight spaces, and the battery on a cordless would just seem to get in the way? From what I've gleaned, no difference between power, as long as you use at least 4ah batteries.
the amps make no difference other than run time.

the device itself cannot differentiate between a 2ah and 4ah battery

I have a fein multi master. it is a great cutting tool.
it has saved my bacon several times o jobs. it cuts where nothing else would

is not a great sander but hats not what i bought it for

a multimaster is a tool that you only need hen you don't have it. it can sit for weeks in the van until I take it out at home then need it
I am planning to get cordless dewalt to match my batteries. then I should always have the tool when I need it

Reply to fein multimaster in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net