Discuss Fire Alarm - Protec Algo Tec 6300 in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon...

Can anyone tell me whether additions can be made to a protec algo tec 6300 fire alarm, without proprietary software or leads?

Have not investigated the job any further than knowing, the system is around 10-12 years old, addressable, panel is Algo Tec 6300.
Protec is not employed in maintaining the system.

It appears the 6300 panel is obsolete and manuals aren't available to download on their portal.

Would we need to be in the inner circle to do this job.

Thanks

Not worked on any Protec systems for 15 - 20 years but back then the Protec systems used their own protocol so they had you over a barrel as the detectors and other equipment had to come from them and they also charged to program the panel to accept any new detectors or sounders, I'm sure they won't have changed that operating model

Not worked on any Protec systems for 15 - 20 years but back then the Protec systems used their own protocol so they had you over a barrel as the detectors and other equipment had to come from them and they also charged to program the panel to accept any new detectors or sounders, I'm sure they won't have changed that operating model
Yes same here, I remember making some alterations to a protec system in the past and protec coming to do the easy bit at the end.

This system / building is pretty small and basic, I was surprised to find there was an addressable system in place as this will have been a premium and unnecessary cost at the time it was installed.. I believe it was left up to the architect who did what at the time.

We have found original exits with no call points, panel isn't near the entrance, maximum Zs exceeded on multiple circuits due to circuit length (but all decent square D gear...), main bonding not connected (coiled up above the ceiling tiles) and absent, trunking not earthed (even though a Satisfactory EICR has also been issued since the install was new)... must be one of them sites.

Reply to Fire Alarm - Protec Algo Tec 6300 in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net