Search the forum,

Discuss First multifunction test meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The time has come where i need to purchase my first test meter, and would really appreciate any advice.
I have a buget of 570 to spend, im currently thinking of getti g either metrel, fluke or megger

Any help and tips would be very welcome

We have 2 fluke 1653's and both suffer with high resistance on the leads, and req cleaning with a small file and contact cleaner.
we also have 2 megger 1730's and both spend more than too much time back at megger with varying faults.
There are also bashing around 7 kewtec kt63's and over the past year or so not one has had a fault.. But saying that I do like my 1730, but for reliability take note for what ive put above..

Cheers for all the replys, has nobody used any of the metrel meters? You seem to get the most functions for your money there, but im just worried about it being cheaper for a reason.

At the moment im turn between the megger 1710 and the metrel. I have though about ebay but is it really reliable buying a second hand meter online?

don't think the megger 1710 has auto rcd test. buying on ebay is safe. if it's calibrated, you know it's OK. look at the seller's feedback. i've bought and sold loads on ebay.

I have had a metrel mi3002dl for 3 1/2 years now prefer it over any megger or fluke i have used. It has never let me down and has all the functions you need and more! Available in your budget too!

Reply to First multifunction test meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning all, Really hoping to get some advice / confirm what a few of us are thinking about a job in the future. Back ground - We have to swap...
Replies
Views
Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views
Friend of mines dryer machine has stopped working, 2 days out of warranty. I am trying to help theme out as money is tight for them however, I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock