Discuss flickering lights when immersun on ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

marc8

-
Reaction score
hi all
went to house to wire up new boiler controls heating guy said they just had immersun fitted & pv.

had a look whilst there to see install customer with me, so i asked the question how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking & what size array.

3.5kw system single string west facing, aurora inverter, forgot about panels. pan tile roof.

this was answer on cost, scaffold was up as customer doing outside work on building.

£8500.00 but they put immersun as scaffold was up.

whilst fitting heating controls noticed that lights were flickering slightly, thought thats a bit odd so i turned of pv system & the flickering stopped, turned back on started again, switched off immersun & it stopped, (immersun was generating at time), as customer had only just had pv installed not 3 weeks before i said best get hold of install company to see what was causing issue not just one light but most of downstairs.

just seen other post about 12v system & it reminded me, when i see client again i will ask what solution was,

still good money in PV by the look of it. not even a east & west split just straight up single string.

immersun mk1?

not flicker regs compliant, therefore it will make the lights flicker in situations with high grid impedance.

They should have been withdrawn really.

I had the same problem with my Mk1 unit, or at least my neighbours did as it didn't bother me! Manufacturers were excellent and replaced it FOC for a MK11 unit which doesn't have this problem.
Hope that helps.

Presumably also these were incadescant bulbs as well :) CFL's and LED's wouldn't have shown the problem up. 4Eco did have an updated Mark 1 version that they would swap out if customers have a problem with flicker. - Just give them a call.

GU10 kitchen & there was fluorescent that was flickering slightly just in utility room thats what caused me to look, but not my install.

Reply to flickering lights when immersun on ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net