Discuss Fuse box memera 2000 AD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Memera 2000AD fuse box is now obsolete . MY EICR report says there is no RCD protection to 3 circuits so I need to replace it as it is obsolete . .

If have to replace this can some recommend a suitable one please which I can pick up from a local DIY place

Do these have to be metal clad and what what does SPD mean

Image of the one I have attached

Thanks

Attachments

• mem2000.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 54
Rcbo pods are still available but it would make sense to replace the consumer unit as they are expensive and wouldn't resolve the other issues that you've mentioned.

A consumer unit replacement is notifiable work for Part P of the building regulations so I'd advise getting an electrician to quote for the necessary work.

The MR30 pods are crazy expensive aren't they - at least £100 a pop from memory?
It would be cheaper to get a whole new consumer unit.

In fact, the missing rcd protection from 3 circuits was (correctly in my view) a C3, so that item is not mandatory to fix.

But the bigger issue is that the RCD got a C2 for failing tests at x1 and x5. So you are back to finding a sparks willing to obtain a 2nd hand RCD for that board (unlikely) or changing the board.

The MR30 pods are crazy expensive aren't they - at least £100 a pop from memory?

In fact, the missing rcd protection from 3 circuits was (correctly in my view) a C3, so that item is not mandatory to fix.

But the bigger issue is that the RCD got a C2 for failing tests at x1 and x5. So you are back to finding a sparks willing to obtain a 2nd hand RCD for that board (unlikely) or changing the board.
Any

Thanks ...i am.looking at the axiom metal.17th edition fuse boxes on toolstation ..are these any good ?

Any

Thanks ...i am.looking at the axiom metal.17th edition fuse boxes on toolstation ..are these any good ?
Well I wouldn’t fit one.
I’m going to stop engaging at this point as changing a CU is notifiable work under part P of building regs and you need to:
a) get a sparks in a CPS scheme to change to board
b) agree in advance with said sparks if you are going to supply a board for them to fit

I'm suprised Toolstation are still selling a product advertised as "17th edition" when as mentioned by ipf, we are on the 18th edition and have been for some time. Would you buy a unit being advertised to an old standard? The trouble is many people wouldn't know.

As also mentioned, being notifiable to Building Control, you need someone who can do that, and I would suggest you let them specifiy which make/model of consumer unit is installed, or at least get their approval if you prefer to supply it yourself. Nowadays, many of us are installing an all-RCBO unit, rather than a dual RCD unit, which avoids a fault on one circuit taking out half the house.

With the price of the Eston rcbos it may be more cost effective to change the entire board. But they are available
The Eaton RCBO's aren't too expensive, approx £20+VAT maybe a little more
That board should have the small busbar prongs, not the fat ones that MEMSHIELD 2 has where you only have the choice of the pods

Unless used where the upstream fuse is 60A (Most supplies are 80A or 100A), this can't even be fitted to meet the current regs as shown.

Unless used where the upstream fuse is 60A (Most supplies are 80A or 100A), this can't even be fitted to meet the current regs as shown.
ok thank you...just saw it on the website . The electrician mentioned he will be installing one with 3 RCD's from fuse box if he were to change it .

ok thank you...just saw it on the website . The electrician mentioned he will be installing one with 3 RCD's from fuse box if he were to change it .
Fusebox = very decent brand. Nothing wrong with dual-RCD board.
Consider paying extra for an all RCBO board, worth it in long run so faults are limited to one circuit.

Reply to Fuse box memera 2000 AD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net