Discuss General equiries into redundacy in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hornby

Hi guys, here its goes.

Have recently just had my AM2 and passed all units. I have all the needed cirtificates in the practical and thoery exams to be fully qualified. I have the ECS application form in the house filled out. I am just waiting for one cirtificate which indicates my logbook is complete as i am with JTL training, then this goes to the JIB and i get my card.

So i am really nearly there but, on tuesday just gone i went to work and was expecting to receive a job but was told i was being made redundant that very day so i was gutted. I was really upset but luckily after ringing around 5 hours later I had found another employer and I begin with them this monday coming. They have huge amounts of work on :)

Although I have a few questions...

1) Shouldnt have my employer gave me notice of his intention to make me redundant. The day i was told is the day i left, although im getting payed for this week.

2) Are they in there rights to make you redundant when still an apprentice as i am until this paper work is finialized. Should only be a month away though.

3) Should i recieve redundancy money? I was made redundant whilst still training and simply because lack of work.

thanks guys,

Marcus.

Reply to General equiries into redundacy in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

T
I am desperately looking for an apprenticeship job in Leeds. I have started my level 1 city and guilds at access training they promised to find me...
Replies
Views
Tyler Adair
T
I have read all I can find about radio 4 and tele switching, but can't find if this changes when our clocks change. It all started when I decided...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a removal man and I build office furniture. The company that I work for has based me at one of there clients buildings which...
Replies
Views
So i am a 66 year old still working in the electrical game,done 50 years work and despite a recent 4 months off due to illness,without work i was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock