Discuss General info in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stirzy

Morning guys

I was wondering if anyone can help me?
I'm in the process of completing my level 3 in inspection and testing, then I will move onto the 17th Addition.
But would like to know what are the minimum requirements for working abroad? I guess you will need off shore Survival/ possible Complex but is there anything else I am missing!! And how does it work with being hammered by the tax man!

Qualifications that make you a spark here and then any standard they generally want. And I assume you mean compex not complex, are you talking about offshore working?

If your talking about off shore or anything to do with the oil & gas industry i'm afraid you'll need a dam sight more than anything to do with BS 7671 testing and inspection!! Above all, they will be looking for oil & gas experience in addition to any relevant qualifications you'll need. So what are you like at DC motors and controls, or MV prime generation, etc?? Lots of safety certificates to be obtained as well, if your talking off shore Rigs etc.... Think you need to start Googling to get up to speed as to what is expected/required in this working sector....

If your talking about off shore or anything to do with the oil & gas industry i'm afraid you'll need a dam sight more than anything to do with BS 7671 testing and inspection!! Above all, they will be looking for oil & gas experience in addition to any relevant qualifications you'll need. So what are you like at DC motors and controls, or MV prime generation, etc?? Lots of safety certificates to be obtained as well, if your talking off shore Rigs etc.... Think you need to start Googling to get up to speed as to what is expected/required in this working sector....

Is there not a 5 week course for it all?...

Judging by the state of installs done by immigrants for our local authority i would say all you would need would be a change of clothes.
these might be ok...

borat.jpg

A big one
Hi sorry if this is not the correct section.
i am after some advice I need to connect a shower in a summer house approx 40 mts away from the main house cu.
the shower I have is 8.5 kw but not on connected yet,what size cable do i need please

Reply to General info in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net