Discuss Goodbye SKY in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KAS1

That's it, it's goodbye SKY hello FREESAT I love freesat who needs sky, I called their bluff, I was only trying to get another six months full package at half price they said No so Hello freesat

I signed up with Virgin, after your 12 month initial contract is up they start trying to sneak the prices up. Aftter 12 months they had gone up quite a bit so I 'phoned customer retention i.e. followed the option to end the contract and then kept telling them I'd leave until they got the price down to the same as their competition who weren't offering anything like the same speed (I did my research before making the call). Got it down to £20 a month including phone for 30meg (which it actually is). Perhaps with more persistence I could have got it cheaper. It is fast enough to stream films though and there are loads of free websites for films and sports including Premiership football, just have to make sure your free anti virus software is decent and the virus definitions are up to date.

Haha asif they said No, literally everyone i know has done that and they always bring the price down.

Maybe Sky have finally wised up to what every has been doing and from now on you can't get discount that easy, hmm.

I loved the sky plus feature, but my free sat box can pause, rewind, record etc and more free HD channels, having said that what am I going to do when the next series of Boardwalk Empire comes on ?????

I love sky and pay for HD, multi room, phone, broadband, the full package and everything else they offer, around £100.00 a month, the best thing ever to happen to british TV, just love it, tin hat on and hehe lets debate :33:

I must confess this is the first time since the very early days of sky I haven't had it to watch and it's just as tough as trying to give up the smokes, it was just knowing it was there and know it's gone, I keep thinking about it, but that showed them I called their bluff lol
I love sky and pay for HD, multi room, phone, broadband, the full package and everything else they offer, around £100.00 a month, the best thing ever to happen to british TV, just love it, tin hat on and hehe lets debate :33:

Speedway - my lass is a massive fan of that. Can't get into it myself. Theres some danish bloke she absolutley hates...hes one of the top ones, bald, can't think of his name but everytime he comes on she does her best vicky pollard swearing impressions lol.

Football, Tennis, Rugby Union & League for me. None of this spinning round on a circular track in the mud for me thanks KAS :p

That's it, it's goodbye SKY hello FREESAT I love freesat who needs sky, I called their bluff, I was only trying to get another six months full package at half price they said No so Hello freesat

I put freesat in a few month back, only watch The Chase in HD and that's about it. I don't know how it would compare to Sky though being as there aren't any film or sports channels on Freesat.

Reply to Goodbye SKY in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net