Discuss Guidance note 3 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
Happy Boxing Day all [emoji1] just looking on Amazon at guidance note 3 and a lot of the customer reviews are saying there is a lot of errors, like wrong readings on the earth loop tables etc, anyone got an up to date copy or know if the errors are corrected in newer copies?

They probably have a legal disclaimer , but I think their responsibility should go further than that given the nature of the publication and ramifications for incorrect vital information.

They probably have a legal disclaimer , but I think their responsibility should go further than that given the nature of the publication and ramifications for incorrect vital information.

Absolutely. These "errorrs" seem par for the norm these days - which is unacceptable.

The IET should, at the very least, provide a replacement service for the "1st edition" of the update - then when they realise how much it costs THEM, they may then, be more diligent with their checking!

Absolutely. These "errorrs" seem par for the norm these days - which is unacceptable.

The IET should, at the very least, provide a replacement service for the "1st edition" of the update - then when they realise how much it costs THEM, they may then, be more diligent with their checking!

Can you imagine a medical or university exam textbook , ' the information contained in this teaching aid may or may not be correct'

With confidence?:smiley2:

Well i finished my 2394/5 just before AMD 3 came in to force so used my old AMD 1 copy to study from.

They have corrected GN3 now so hopefully all is in order. Other than the Zs values what did they actually miss print out of interest?

It would seem logical to study the latest (corrected) publication IMO, With confidence is a different matter though i guess. :D

And if you fail the exams, just say you studied from the uncorrected version of GN3, blame it on the IET and sue them. :biggrin5:
I don't fail exams, but I failed the 2392 practical assessment due to not having a clue what I was doing. :goofy:
When I went to retake it, the forms changed, and books had changed from green to yellah. No one told me despite me specifically asking.
I had to bail out of the assessment, caused me a lot of trouble and expense at the time. I Look back and laugh now though.

I was thinking the similar thoughts about the exam success book - is it still applicable ?

Reply to Guidance note 3 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net