Search the forum,

Discuss hager consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jay b

-
Reaction score
Hi all, just fitted my first hager board 5+5, have not fitted a 17th edition one before, went onto BG and wylex, thought I would try a hager as fed up with wylex and what a great board with great feature's and excellent quality, must say well done hager. What do you all think of them?

i don't think anyone's got a bad word to say about hager. lovely boards. i do like the BG board 1 though, as well. ( sounds like an aldi ad ).

Used em for quite a while, you can see the German engineering really well made and really well thought out

Interesting, mine all say made in France....which is why I don't use them, support British industry where I can.

Which is annoying as I like that all their breakers and fuse carriers are interchangeable whatever the age and design

We also use quite a lot of Hager kit and I have nothing bad to say about any of it. Good quality, fair value for price and well designed.

Am I the only person who doesn't like them then? I tried one a few months ago - I couldn't even get my fingers behind the din rail so with all the high integrity connection cables it was pretty difficult to get any cables from the bottom to the top.
Plus it could supposedly be used as a 2x RCD plus RCBO board with an extra neutral bar. No it couldn't as there was no way I was getting an extra neutral tail into the main switch!
I gave up and replaced it with a wylex that did the job just fine- half the size externally and easier to fit everything internally......

I have used pretty much nothing but Hager for my 15 years (unless somtething else was spec'd). My Uncle (old boss) since the early 90's. They are great boards right through the range including the MCCB panel boards. Technical are always excellent with any enquiry. Why pay twice as much for Schnieder? I might understand it if they were twice as good! But, they are not!

My only issue is they have designed a clamp for the tail entry at the top of the board but no clamp anywhere else. I would prefer to see lugs at all sides to accept the clamp and you choose where to screw the clamp down. Other than that really nice boards

Reply to hager consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net