Discuss Handheld CCTV Monitor for setting cameras up in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
need some help.My CCTV monitor ( about 8 years old ) has given goood service but will not display on these newer generation camaras. think it's the ols analogue/digital problem. When looking round on the net, I'm confused. What do I look for,.... IP, 1080, TVI, CVI, CHD?

What’s the output on the DVR? I’m using an old tv with HDMI from dvr to telly for my cctv

Disclaimer: I’m no expert, and I’m probably wearing out the screen prematurely

sorry. should have said, the monitor is a hand held test monitor, so i can be at the camera and see the pic. while adjusting. this type of thing.:
1570726904038.png

what I tend to do with the IP cameras is connect them to the DVR.
then most dvr's have software to allow viewing remotely using ipad or similar over wifi.
its a cheep alternative using equipment you may already have.
p.s. I carry a wifi access point with me so I can have my own wifi connection without having to interfere with the companys own system.
[automerge]1570729643[/automerge]
way out of my budget at £400. that's 4 weeks pension beer money.

I comes with free delivery and a complimentary jar of sweets!!!

And that's why i'm no expert.
I took monitor to mean the screen... like a computer monitor.
Its something i'll have to think about buying if i'm expanding into the cctv side of things.

I should have known tel wouldn't be asking something so simple

these modern cameras won't work with my DVR. it just displays no signal.

I've been using this one for about a year now. It's a great piece of kit and allows you to test all (current) camera types. It also has a few added features such as a network cable tester plus the screen size is decent so it can double up as a monitor if you need to do a DVR set up without the actual need for a fixed monitor. There are a few cheaper ones available that look exactly the same but they only tend to do just IP and CVBS.

Reply to Handheld CCTV Monitor for setting cameras up in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net