Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Heated towel rail in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

j_mccl

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone know the best way to wire a heated towel rail in a bathroom,
would i need to use a switched spur or do they come with theyre own connections that are IP rated for the zone they are to be fitted in

M

Mac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should be installed in zone 2 of the bathroom and i'd use an unswitched spur

G

Guest123

Or possibly a 20A pullswitch then into a connection outlet.

D

Dannyg83

When I installed one of these i just wired a switched spur as part of the ring main outside the bathroom , with a flex outlet in the bathroom

B

baldsparkies

I can't see any mention of the circuit you are wiring from being rcd protected. If it is fine, if not I would use an rcd fused spur.

S

spadxiii1918

You don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this.

Ho dear

Last edited by a moderator:
J

j_mccl

All circuits in the house are rcd protected,
In the end i did as advised, spured from the bedroom socket with a swithced fused spur which was back to back with the bathroom.

I

ian

I generally I spur from a local circuit and provide a RCD spur if circuit not already protected with one, for switching I will use either a pull switch in the bathroom or a DP switch outside. Flex outlet plate inside the bathroom to supply the heater. Need to remember supplementary bonding if all circuits not protected by a RCD.

ian

Reply to Heated towel rail in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom