Discuss Help after being made redundant in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RobMorg

I was told last week that I was going to be made redundant from my 13K a year job in PAT Testing, towards the end of april. I already have level 3 city and guilds 2330 and the 2377-12 PAT test course.
I am now thinking that this would be an ideal time for me to follow my original career plan of becoming a domestic installation electrician and then eventually going into the green energy sector e.g. solar installations.

My only problem now is that I do not have enough experience in installation to get into an electricians job to get that experience, having only 6 months wiring kitchens and shower sockets as a kitchen and bathroom fitters mate, 3 years as a PAT tester, and a bit of experiance wiring extra lights and sockets at home and for my family.

Being a father of 2 and step father to 2, I need to get straight back into work to support my family. So I thought of a plan last week, which is after I work my notice - to go with trade skills for u or someone similar and do an intensive training course to get my 17th edition 2382-10, part p 2393-10 and inspection and testing 2392 -10 which would take around 8 days and cost around ÂŁ1000 and hopefully allow someone to take me on as a mate or similar so as to gain my experience.
Can anyone offer me any advice on whether this would be the right course of action to do the training this fast? would there be a better way? and do you think anybody would take someone like me on?

Also if anyone who is reading this would be willing to help me out with some work I would be grateful, I live in hengoed in south east wales but will travel and have a car, and could also do some work in my spare time for free or just a few quid just to get some more experience.

I have also just been to see the careers and they have told me i might be entitled to have ÂŁ1500 towards the cost of training and also any employer who took me on could be entitled to up to ÂŁ3000 as a wage subsidy for recruiting a redundant person for 25 hours per week or more and 50% towards training costs of a new employee up to ÂŁ1000.

Reply to Help after being made redundant in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net