Discuss HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Easy method, use the adiabatic equation to find out the size

S = ✓ I^2 * t / k

I = the current required to operate the device
t = disconnection time required for the device
k = factor given for the cable selected - Typically 115

So for argument's sake, let's say we have a fault current of 320 (taken from your trip curves) a time of 0.1 (taken from your device operating times) and a K factor of 115 (taken from the tables following the trip times)

S = ✓ I^2 * t / k
S = ✓ 320^2 * 0.1 / 115
S = ✓ 102,400 * 0.1 / 115
S = ✓ 10,240 / 115
S = 101.19 / 115
S = 10.05

As there is no conductor with a CSA of 10.5, you select the next size up, in this case 16mm^2

The above is purely and illustration and values may not be accurate but it serves to show how to lay out the equation so that you can understand what is going on at each step.

Hope this helps
I'm with you all the way, apart from 101.19/115 equaling 10.05. I feel awful for pointing that out.

Sorry

Hi all,

Just started doing the 2365-305 assignment myself. As with the above advice given by the experienced/expert members, I'll try and ask one focused question at a time
Is there a website that we can see all of the BS EN 60617 symbols needed for the assignment?

Thanks

Hi on question 1 did you find an example on the internet to use
Likely yes, it's not a hard one to grasp; Find a manufacturer (Fusebox, Wylex, BG), Download/Print the datasheets and use them in your project. Not sure why this is hard for some (not a dig at OP, purely an observation as it's not that first time this has come up)

I did this in 2018 it was very much like being told to outfit a Travelodge, if you've ever been in one you'd recognise the layout. It's just they've removed all the socket outlets, fused spurs, electric radiators, heated towel rails and lighting on the plans and expect you to do a competent job filling in the blanks.

Hi all, doing my design assignment. Ive done questions 1,2,3 and filled out table 1 as best i could. When it comes to the distribution circuit, im a bit lost. I know it needs a 5s disconnection time but apart from that is there another calculation i should be doing? Also what type breaker should be feeding it? Thx for any help

Hi all, doing my design assignment. Ive done questions 1,2,3 and filled out table 1 as best i could. When it comes to the distribution circuit, im a bit lost. I know it needs a 5s disconnection time but apart from that is there another calculation i should be doing? Also what type breaker should be feeding it? Thx for any help
Are you on Q4? What distribution circuit?

what is question 4? can't answer it without knowing the details, i honestly have no idea how anyone found this part of the course hard. the science exams and equations were by far and away the hardest parts of the course, the rest was like an English comprehension exercise.

what is question 4? can't answer it without knowing the details, i honestly have no idea how anyone found this part of the course hard. the science exams and equations were by far and away the hardest parts of the course, the rest was like an English comprehension exercise.

I’ll have to post it into the group when I’m home, this was given to me about 5 months ago and I’ve left it too late and forgotten about it any help in the right direction from anyone would be appreciated.

God I hate the grey-out on this forum, I use browsers with built in ad-blockers and I won't be changing this in the foreseeable future. No other forums I'm on do this --------, so I won't be making any exceptions for this place! You've got a strip of adverts down the right hand side of the screen and that should be enough to keep you ticking over, now I realise why I stopped coming to this forum!

God I hate the grey-out on this forum, I use browsers with built in ad-blockers and I won't be changing this in the foreseeable future. No other forums I'm on do this --------, so I won't be making any exceptions for this place! You've got a strip of adverts down the right hand side of the screen and that should be enough to keep you ticking over, now I realise why I stopped coming to this forum!
I tend to agree with you, there.
......and it's like a monkey puzzle trying to locate different forums and threads.
I feel it's too complicated with too much info showing for each forum introduction...as well as the adverts all over. It just needs basic lists, as it used to be.

Reply to HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net