uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Hi newbie here needs some advise in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Red_Stafford

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Firstly I would like to say hi to you all, I am a 26 year old male living in Dudley, West Midlands.

I am interested in becoming a qualified electrician but I dont know where to start, I have no previous experience or qualifications in this sector, I am currently in full time employment so if I was to do a course it would need to be a part time course at night, any advise from you guys would be gratefull.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
hiya Red stafford, thanks for joining up. I can tell you my story,

I'm currently 19 years old and I have just starting out to being an electrician. I was a part time chef whilst I went through college and university. But when I dropped out of University to do something else, My part time job ended up as a full time job which went on going for about 9 months, (at the time of being a full time chef, I tried getting an appenticeship, but it was unsuccessful despite sending out about 200 letters to electricity companies). So when I realised I had to take a different approach, I came across those intensive courses, I did 9:30 - 4:30 everyday for 6 weeks, with a training company called "technique training" (more details in the courses section of this forum).

There after I recieved my 16th edition, pat testing and Eal domestic installers scheme. (currently going for the 2391). I sent letters back out to companies with my CV to take me on. After a couple of weeks I got interviews, and finally got a job. But don't expect to getting paid alot straight away till you have experience. Finding a job after taking a course may prove to be hard too,

Not too sure about the college part time courses for electrics, I do know it can take a couple of years to get through all the levels nvq level 1 then 2 then 3 etc

but if you really want it, you'll find a way. Any questions drop us a PM

Regards Luke

Dan

Admin
Welcome to the forum mate :)

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Hi newbie here needs some advise in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom