Discuss How do I get this open? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So I have a replacement underfloor heating actuator that needs fitting and wiring up. I am told (by the supplier) that a homeowner can fit this by wiring the cable in to the appropriate terminals in the junction box. It's a replacement, so I can easily trace the wires back to where the existing ones go.

The wires pass through the junction box on the left into the one on the right. The one on the right is easy - it has screws. But how do I open the one on the left. No screws, clips or obvious way of opening it. Possibly some sort of snap fit?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

John

20221001_174924~2.jpg

Is there a screw on the bottom edge?

Actually, it looks like a bit of pvc trunking… the lid should clip on. Measure across the width… is it 100mm?

Can we get a photo showing the side view?
Ah, this is really useful. I've double checked there are no screws on the lower edge. It is exactly 100mm width and as shown in this pic from the side there's a groove along the length, suggesting it should be possible to separate and detach it. I'll try it and see.

Many thanks
John
20221003_202652.jpg

The trouble with pvc trunking… when it gets old or someone paints it to match the wall, it gets brittle.

I’ve had entire lengths shatter just trying to prise the lid off.

And the sticky backed stuff is devil spawn.

Reply to How do I get this open? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock