Discuss How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips?

This email has been sent to all members of the forum. I thought we could help each other out.

How is your business doing? How has the economy (and I hear recession being said here and there in the news now) affected you at home and your business?

Any tips for these big fuel bills, energy bills etc?

2021/22 has been fine .Good client base , all have money none cared about lockdown , so work carried on etc etc .Dont work for cash poor people .

Not too bad , only BAD thing on the horizon is Higher Interest Rates which will mean my mortgage repayment goes UP

How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips?

This email has been sent to all members of the forum. I thought we could help each other out.

How is your business doing? How has the economy (and I hear recession being said here and there in the news now) affected you at home and your business?

Any tips for these big fuel bills, energy bills etc?
Business has been going well BUT time to start taking it easy (I am 67 )
Top tip - get solar pv and a battery if you havent already. THen get an ev :)

I work primarily in the domestic sector, haven't gone PV or EV as close to retirement hopefully. Round my way, a lot of people are tightening their belts, I'm only really getting emergency call outs, EICRs and the odd extension etc with builders I work with.
Fortunately I've a side business where 45-60 minutes on the phone or talking face to face makes more than my day rate.

I work primarily in the domestic sector, haven't gone PV or EV as close to retirement hopefully. Round my way, a lot of people are tightening their belts, I'm only really getting emergency call outs, EICRs and the odd extension etc with builders I work with.
Fortunately I've a side business where 45-60 minutes on the phone or talking face to face makes more than my day rate.
Its never too late :)

Also on my 4th holiday this year, and 2 more to come. Being retired, every day is a holiday, I suppose...but I get a trickle of nice jobs now and then, all local to me so no long journeys.
I appreciate many folks will be concerned about higher interest rates, but we have had artificially low mortgage rates for many years now, and for us oldies a decent rate on our savings would be nice. My first mortgage rate was 14.5%, so that was a huge outgoing at the time. I remortgaged a few years later at 11% and thought I had won the lottery!
Pies! I love pies! Here's a tip, when heating a pie, don't preheat the oven and heat the pie for 20 minutes. If you have a combi microwave oven it may have pre-sets. Mine has several, one is for pizza. I use that, and the pie is ready in 6 minutes, so uses a lot less electricity.

One again the French got it right .The brokers told their `Government to cap the % and i believe its just under 5 % . Also "flippers" get taxed a lot . so the whole property market is safer and calmer. I think they will tip society over and things will get ugly

Said in previous posts .I know of just ONE apartment block in LOndon that has 28 apartments and 2 x penthouses . 19 Apartments are empty at the moment and have been for 4 years .2 of them have been empty for 25 years . ALL foreign investors who just want a safe place to invest their dodgy money (US sweet shops in london :) !!) The government should have offered mortgages 20 years ago . the interest they would make would be billions . And then a sliding scale .Born in UK you get x % rates . Living here /just been made British and a higher rate . Foreign investment and poor landlords who scammed their way into the business are just not healthy . Its like NO one checks anything in this country anymore .

Never mind the interest rates or the price of fuel, I had a shock when I went to Morrisons earlier Diet coke £11 for a box of 24 sad very sad.

hONESTLY? So cheap! Try buying a can of Coke in a motorway service station!
2 litres of gin on the plane here...£24!
£12/litre at 47.3%...
now, where was i?

Never mind the interest rates or the price of fuel, I had a shock when I went to Morrisons earlier Diet coke £11 for a box of 24 sad very sad.
Likewise picked up a tin of Heinz Beans in M&S garage the other day was £1.40 , world has gone nuts

Diet Coke or any diet drink should be taxed out of existance for me filling people with that artificial sweetener aspartame should be made a criminal offence
Is that the chemical that give some people the trotts

Is that the chemical that give some people the trotts
It can do different things to different people, it gives me a bad itchy irritating rash, I have read that in some people the alcohols in it can lodge in the brain and cause brain damage although there is a lot of questionable science that suggests it is perfectly safe

Reply to How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net