Discuss How To Report An Offensive Comment Made By A Member in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
We seem to have a lot of off-putting comments being made by members, both regular and new. And we're going to tackle this but, as always with a forum, we need your help to do so.

We can follow all threads and aim to spot anything offensive, but our opinion on what's offensive and your own may differ. We don't want to stop discussion, anything constructive will always remain live. But we will want to have reported any post which offends YOU.

This then enables us to log the comment, act if needed, or collate reports over a period of time to assess the members account. Anybody who's being reported a lot will have to be politely warned first, but we will need to get a little strict to make sure we're guiding the forum in the right direction.

So here's how to report a post, and you can do this with Private Messages too (note that if you report a PM - moderators will get a copy of the PM, but only that one PM - as we need to see the content to decide what action to take).

Firstly in the bottom left hand corner of every single post in every single thread, there is a triangle with an exclamation mark in it.
Here's what it looks like (bottom left in the orange bar)

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 12.39.45.png

If you click that, you'll get a box to fill in. That looks like this....

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 12.40.13.png

Fill in as much detail as possible. So if the member seems to be attacking you all the time, tell us so. If it's a comment you've spotted that could offend the original poster and not yourself as such, tell us. If you think the comment will just attract offensive replies and isn't offensive in its self, tell us that.

Anything at all over the next few months that you think is even remotely uncalled for, could do with being reported by as many people as possible, as the more reports we have, the more we have to work with to shape the forum and get our awesome atmosphere back that we had some time ago.

As this issue affects us all, we'll treat everybody the same. So regular members need to take notice as well as newbies. We all want the forum to be a cool place to visit, and I've had a lot of good feedback via email in the last few days, loads of good comments, but people do feel there are a small number who are just making the place off-putting. So we'll need to deal with those individually.

Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to seeing lots of reported posts so I can get to work!

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 12.39.45.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 12.40.13.png

Reply to How To Report An Offensive Comment Made By A Member in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net