Discuss I think I've failed the 2330 practical exam. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mr Curnow

In the end I wasn't even aloud to power my installation. The earthing terminal was somehow disconnected even though I didn't disconnect it. I also had to have extended time plus I was reading the location of the installations wrong. I thought that I had to choose installation location 4 because it was bay 4, well I was wrong with that. It's only about 50mm out though so I don't know if they will be bothered. The neutral was from the isolator was in the wrong position.

But I proved continuity of cpc, polarity and the insulation resistance was >1000M ohm.
I also completed the book that we were given.

How were we supposed to know how the double pole isolator worked if we hadn't learnt it before.

All I can say is I'm much better at theory than practical, it's not like you can go home and wire up a house. There should be more practical experience in these courses.

I probably did fail didn't I, even the teacher told me that I probably failed.

Well if he told you that you've failed. There should be more practical but if you are in the trade you are expected to be doing installs anyway. Unfortunately alot of apprentices are just t-boys!

Sounds like you made a couple of big mistakes mate, probably nerves got the better of you, it happens to the best of us. The disconnected main earth sounds like sabotage which does happen in workshops in college. Learn from your mistakes and move on, don't beat yourself up about it. Look at this as a lesson and not a failure. Good look if you have to do a resit.

I just want to get through this course I am so close to doing it. The first retake is free isn't it?

Yes it should be.

Now you know what is expected of you it should be easier next time around. Concentrate on one thing at a time, if your connecting an isso switch check each termination as your doing it then move on to the next item, then the next and so on. After everything is installed start checking each circuit/termination one at a time, do it as if your checking someone else's work and see if you would pass it yourself.

I failed my 2391 practical first time around so I know how you feel. Have a few drinks tonight, get it out of your system because tomorrow is another day. Chin up Mr Curnow, chin up.

Last edited:

Reply to I think I've failed the 2330 practical exam. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net