Discuss Idiots you have worked with in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Another tale....this time an apprentice. He was taking the order from the lads to go to Greggs at bait time. He wrote his list and off he went. He came back with a large carrier bag and everyone got their food, however there were several items left in the bag! They we’re corned beef pasties, on his list 2 people wanted pasties, so he put two tally marks, when he ordered, the silly bugger must of asked for eleven! Best of it was there wasn’t even that many on the job!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Here’s another one....same apprentice with the pasties!
This time we asked to fix some double back boxes to a smooth and flat concrete wall that was going to get dot and dabbed.
A few hours later he came back and said “do you want the boxes level with the level or level with your eye?”
I glanced over at the lead electrician who looked at me in a way as if to say “WTF!?”
We went and had a look, and oh dear the wall looked like a machine gun had been fired along it and not one box was the same height!

Last edited:
Ha! But the poor little bugger had to pay for them no doubt.

Pasties all week for tea!

Funny.
He did something similar when he went to Mc Donald’s. Took the order off the lads but didn’t ask for money, so we just though we’d sort it when he got back. Any way he comes back and gives everyone their food and sits down without anything!
“Where’s your food at?” Someone asked
“I didn’t have enough money to pay for mine” he replied
We all nearly choked with laughing!

Another tale....this time an apprentice. He was taking the order from the lads to go to Greggs at bait time. He wrote his list and off he went. He came back with a large carrier bag and everyone got their food, however there were several items left in the bag! They we’re corned beef pasties, on his list 2 people wanted pasties, so he put two tally marks, when he ordered, the silly bugger must of asked for eleven! Best of it was there wasn’t even that many on the job!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Similar vane Moscow BIG job Maccy Dees 10 mins away, it was my turn to go for burgers, counted up 23, the rule was it was double cheese burgers, no nuggets or Big Macs d ouble CB and fries, goes to the window, and there is a picture of what they sell (this was early days of Maccy Ds in Moscow) so in my best pidgeon Russian I said 23 double CBs 23 large Fries please, never in a million years was I expecting the response I got " to eat in or take away", nearly fell ove on the way back to site through laughing.

Similar vane Moscow BIG job Maccy Dees 10 mins away, it was my turn to go for burgers, counted up 23, the rule was it was double cheese burgers, no nuggets or Big Macs d ouble CB and fries, goes to the window, and there is a picture of what they sell (this was early days of Maccy Ds in Moscow) so in my best pidgeon Russian I said 23 double CBs 23 large Fries please, never in a million years was I expecting the response I got " to eat in or take away", nearly fell ove on the way back to site through laughing.

They might have thought you were just very hungry!

I've done loads of silly things myself, too many to mention. The last one was in my sons house when refurbishing it, stepped off the step ladder forgetting some of the floorboards were up, straight through the living room ceiling. Go it fixed & painted, but you can still see a mark there now :(
I did almost the same thing my late uncle the joiner had just sheeted the ceiling on the floor below me and I had finished terminating a socket stood up and stepped back fell through one of the gaps where I had the boards up and took down a good chunk of the ceiling luckily I had a spare sheet of gyproc on my van flung that up before he came back the next day he wouldn’t have been happy at all if he knew :fearful:

In a fairly local labour club, I was up above working. 3ft above the suspended ceiling were wooden cross pieces 5 or 6 yards long between steel cross girders. Getting towards my destination, walking along 2 timbers, one of them snapped. Foot straight through the ceiling with one of the metal cross pieces ripping into my shin....pouring with blood onto 2 happy miners sat below. The secretary told me they just sat there drinking, covered in dust and with blood dripping onto the table......Hammer House of Horrors or Monty Python?

In a fairly local labour club, I was up above working. 3ft above the suspended ceiling were wooden cross pieces 5 or 6 yards long between steel cross girders. Getting towards my destination, walking along 2 timbers, one of them snapped. Foot straight through the ceiling with one of the metal cross pieces ripping into my shin....pouring with blood onto 2 happy miners sat below. The secretary told me they just sat there drinking, covered in dust and with blood dripping onto the table......Hammer House of Horrors or Monty Python?
Normal for miners, lots of crushing and falls in mines, seen it all before

Reply to Idiots you have worked with in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net