Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss insulation resistance test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marty1234

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

looking for some help
when testing jobs i find it hard to do IR testing due to appliances pluged in at back off tills, counters, shelfs,sockets above celings ,cctv that icannot get in to un plug . i dont want to damage anything doing this test i do all the other test that should be carried out an fill in the paper work what do all you guys do on jobs like this :eek:

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Surely you have to do the alternative test then. Line and Neutral connected together and the other lead connected to earth....? And agreee with the Client or at least tell him when you go through it with him......

S

simonatlondon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Marty.

Either do as Codger suggested or put it in terms and conditions for next time that 'all appliances must be unplugged and you would need access to all accessories in all circuits' to do as you please.

S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
looking for some help
when testing jobs i find it hard to do IR testing due to appliances pluged in at back off tills, counters, shelfs,sockets above celings ,cctv that icannot get in to un plug . i dont want to damage anything doing this test i do all the other test that should be carried out an fill in the paper work what do all you guys do on jobs like this :eek:
well if you cant do lives to lives then just dont. The regs allows you to reduce the test voltage to 250V for this anyway, so at least you shouldnt pop anything!

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to insulation resistance test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom