Discuss Its Black Friday.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its an embarrasment and shows the thuggish stupidity of the general public, on average black friday is 20% discounts compared to 50% Boxing Day sales - its a hoodwink by the stores and plays on those who get their education off Jeremy Kyle.

I thought black friday was an American thing that was somehow a part of Thanksgiving, didn't realise it was something you have in the UK as well.

Its an embarrasment and shows the thuggish stupidity of the general public, on average black friday is 20% discounts compared to 50% Boxing Day sales - its a hoodwink by the stores and plays on those who get their education off Jeremy Kyle.
not true, i would never go to a shop and quiew to try to get the deals.

amazon on the otherhand ill have a look as they tell you when it will be on offer

50% or more off a lot of things.

there all being clever with the prices though

a-team ccomplete collection was £40 before and after the special offer

now its at a normal price of £25

not true, i would never go to a shop and quiew to try to get the deals.

amazon on the otherhand ill have a look as they tell you when it will be on offer

50% or more off a lot of things.

there all being clever with the prices though

a-team ccomplete collection was £40 before and after the special offer

now its at a normal price of £25

I did express average which is true, of course there will be some appealing bargains to kick off the frenzy but its just been embarrasing to watch it was like the Jeremy Kyle show was on tour!

For those of us who apparently live in a box and thought black-Friday was something to do with historical financial collapse/recession, what on earth is this Black Friday rollocks?

For those of us who apparently live in a box and thought black-Friday was something to do with historical financial collapse/recession, what on earth is this Black Friday rollocks?
Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the fourth Thursday of November), often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. In recent years, most major retailers have opened very early and offered promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season, similar to Boxing Day sales in many Commonwealth nations. Black Friday is not a holiday, but California and some other states observe "The Day After Thanksgiving" as a holiday for state government employees,

It;s supposedly the day that merkin retailers go from being in the red to being in the black, hence the name. Once they're in the black they can give crazy discounts.
It's now a thing over here. Thanks Walmart.

Right so it's just another way to con the masses that we have nicked from the merkins, what with us being unable to come up with our own original cons any more (did the merkins invent part p?)

It;s supposedly the day that merkin retailers go from being in the red to being in the black, hence the name. Once they're in the black they can give crazy discounts.
It's now a thing over here. Thanks Walmart.

I was going to blame CrapDonalds for starting the insidious Americanisation of Britain, but it was probably horny GIs with pockets full of sheer tights...

do you guys know what a merkin is?

Merkin is, amongst other things, a derogatory term for Americans.

It comes from George Bush who's accent made his speeches sound like he was saying "arm proud to be a merkin"

It has other meanings but like everything in our language you have to read it within the context it has been used to establish which meaning is intended.

OK....can anyone actually think of anything positive that the USA has done for the world?

Reply to Its Black Friday.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net