Discuss james bondings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

growler

-
Arms
Reaction score
considering going part p. looking at changing my old boys cu for the assessment. old rewireable jobby. 6mm gas bond, TT 6mm main earth. no water bonding in place. Is it common that one or both of the services were not bonded in the past. Cant see the logic in doing one without the other as they are also in close proximity to each other. Obviously i will bond the water.

There are 4 circuits in the house. Oven, ring, lights, immersion.

can anyone reccommend me a small board for this ? Ta very much !

get a 6 or 8 way board and fit 4 RCBOs. best option. as it's a TT, 6mm bonding is OK. just crimp a piece on to the gas bonding and go to gas and water with 1 bonding cable.

as it's a TT, 6mm bonding is OK. just crimp a piece on to the gas bonding and go to gas and water with 1 bonding cable.

can you tell me where in the regs this is ? sorry for the ignorance !

OK, measure the Ze and pefc. say your Ze is 23 ohms your pefc will be 10A. use the adiabatic to determine the size of your main earthing conductor. gas and water can be bonded with 1 cable provided that it's continuous. i.e. if takern off 1 service by a d/head plumber, it's still intact to the other service.

No bonding was common place, I've seen fuse boxes less than a meter from stopcocks and gas meters where they still haven't bothered (usually a good indication there is going to be borrowed neutrals as well)

As for the swap, split board, lights and sockets on RCBOs (chuck in a fire alarm on the non rcd side if nice and easy) and everything else on the rcd side. Lets say....a crabtree 10 way :smile:

OK, measure the Ze and pefc. say your Ze is 23 ohms your pefc will be 10A. use the adiabatic to determine the size of your main earthing conductor. gas and water can be bonded with 1 cable provided that it's continuous. i.e. if takern off 1 service by a d/head plumber, it's still intact to the other service.

Unless he chops the b****r off. lol!

Only recommend though isnt it...

Doesn't seem like it would be possible on this job without running a new cable in from whats described...so would be a new link added between the two...

Sent from my Xperia S using next doors WIFI

as it's a TT, 6mm bonding is OK. just crimp a piece on to the gas bonding and go to gas and water with 1 bonding cable.

can you tell me where in the regs this is ? sorry for the ignorance !

I was always told, That you could bond 2 with one cable, but you could't to cut it, (Could of been an ---- council rule) (Ie, just strip an inch and bend it round)

Reply to james bondings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net