Discuss just failed eicr in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glasgospark

1. shower had incorrect isolation switch
  2. shower wired in 2.5mm cable
  3. shower suppl not on its own circuit
  4. earth not connected for circuit 3
  5. no earth sleeving circuit 4
  6. faulty switch on kitchen socket
  7. every circuit apart from the cooker had failed the insulation resistance test
thus the test conclusion was unsatisfactory.

guy then asked so all i need is to retest in 10 year :S

he was positive he doesnt need to rectify

property was rented out and he was landlord

yeah , i have done that and left comments on the sheets.
so ive done my part and fixed a C1 ( earth not connected)

just the fact he was thinking awell ill leave it and that having the report done was all he needed to do

yeah , i have done that and left comments on the sheets.
so ive done my part and fixed a C1 ( earth not connected)

just the fact he was thinking awell ill leave it and that having the report done was all he needed to do
well you would have been within your rights to issue a danger notice over that disconnected CPC in my eyes....
thats after of course his insistance that he do nowt about it....

regarding cpc i re connected as soon as i noticed .

basically this guys needs these circuits rewired that failed IR
flat is around 25-30 year old
but the fact that the shower is wired in 2.5mm through a sw/fuse spur from day 1 is SHOCKING , (theres no bath only shower)
heard from maintenance plumber that all the flats are F***** lol

regarding cpc i re connected as soon as i noticed .

basically this guys needs these circuits rewired that failed IR
flat is around 25-30 year old
but the fact that the shower is wired in 2.5mm through a sw/fuse spur from day 1 is SHOCKING , (theres no bath only shower)
heard from maintenance plumber that all the flats are F***** lol

What type of shower is it?

Landlords are the worst for getting things done, and they should be the ones who should want to get it sorted. If i was a landlord id sleep better at night knowing my property and tenants are safe, IMO :)

DIY disaster been going on there,today i went to a cafe where the new owner had decided to wire up his own 3 phase fryers x 2 and a fish fryer on 1 single 15A 3p supply with an adaptable box it had 6mm singles in and 3 x 1.5mm coing out then into commandos,the bloke said he wondered why there was a smell of burning,crikey,diy home improvements are one thing but now they want to diy the light commercial stuff too.What next!!!

DIY disaster been going on there,today i went to a cafe where the new owner had decided to wire up his own 3 phase fryers x 2 and a fish fryer on 1 single 15A 3p supply with an adaptable box it had 6mm singles in and 3 x 1.5mm coing out then into commandos,the bloke said he wondered why there was a smell of burning,crikey,diy home improvements are one thing but now they want to diy the light commercial stuff too.What next!!!

the worst lol

what you think of my test results , i done it 3 times as i didnt want to take them for granted incase i left things plugged in etc ,
linked lives and tested to earth

Without meaning to sound like I'm taking a pop at you, which I'm not as I don't know you, are you confident that you are testing correctly? As with those figures something is seriously amiss somewhere.

Without meaning to sound like I'm taking a pop at you, which I'm not as I don't know you, are you confident that you are testing correctly? As with those figures something is seriously amiss somewhere.

lol i actually second and third guessed myself mate, cooker circuit >999Mohms

the rest tested same way (correct way) they all failed

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like equiptment still connected or neons L-N,not questioning your expertise,i didnt read earlier posts were any of these circuits still in use?

tested lives-earth for these readings

Reply to just failed eicr in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net