Discuss Kids electrocuted in swimming pool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maddison

Has anyone seen the video of kids in Florida electrocuted when grabbing hold of a rail in the pool. Someone is going to be in some deep s**t.. Think the children spent a few days in hospital but are ok

jeezz. good to see that they're all OK, though. could have been a tragedy.

You need to rephrase your heading 'Electrocution' means death by electric shock ... !!!

Here a guy who got 'Electrocuted' and stuck to a transformer ...when you work it out you can see the guy with the croppers is trying to cut the power to free him.. took me a while to realise what was going on!

Caution - Some may find disturbing - play with caution!... posted to express the dangers of not following safe procedure!!!!

LiveLeak.com - Guy gets attracted by electricity and stuck on power distribution box

Last edited:
You need to rephrase your heading 'Electrocution' means death by electric shock ... !!!Here a guy who got 'Electrocuted' and stuck to a transformer ...when you work it out you can see the guy with the croppers is trying to cut the power to free him.. took me a while to realise what was going on!Caution - Some may find disturbing - play with caution!... posted to express the dangers of not following safe procedure!!!!LiveLeak.com - Guy gets attracted by electricity and stuck on power distribution box
That's crazy. Hopefully he didn't know what hit him.. Someone would have been back in there a few hours later making good good that cut cable..... Live no doubt ! Have you seen the one with the tower scaffolding on YouTube. Horrendous

You need to rephrase your heading 'Electrocution' means death by electric shock ... !!!

Here a guy who got 'Electrocuted' and stuck to a transformer ...when you work it out you can see the guy with the croppers is trying to cut the power to free him.. took me a while to realise what was going on!

Caution - Some may find disturbing - play with caution!... posted to express the dangers of not following safe procedure!!!!

LiveLeak.com - Guy gets attracted by electricity and stuck on power distribution box

poor guy

The Chinese boy plated was horrible viewing.
what was more horrible was the selfish yank **** grabbing his bairn and running off and leaving the other bairn attached to the rail in the pool wtf was he thinking?
the poor kids grandad ran around and horses her out the pool.
surely to Christ no one is that selfish?

Sorry to pick hairs but it actually means to be legally executed by administration of electric shock. The phrase was coined by either Thomas Edison or George Westinghouse (time has obscured the origin) after the first use of the electric chair on William Kemmler 1890. Edisdon used AC for the chair in an attempt to make it look dangerous and to give his DC distribution system a competitive edge
An alternative term for it was to be Westinghoused.
Sorry but as you know I'm a mine of useless ****e :)

Sorry to pick hairs but it actually means to be legally executed by administration of electric shock. The phrase was coined by either Thomas Edison or George Westinghouse (time has obscured the origin) after the first use of the electric chair on William Kemmler 1890. Edisdon used AC for the chair in an attempt to make it look dangerous and to give his DC distribution system a competitive edge
An alternative term for it was to be Westinghoused.
Sorry but as you know I'm a mine of useless ****e :)

Picky git Trev lol... yes you are correct but like most thing in language its use has migrated to mean been killed by Electric shock in general ...

electrocution Death caused by the passage of an electric current through the body. The current may come from a low- or (more often) a high-voltage source, or from lightning. A major shock either causes chaotic disruption of the heartbeat (fibrillation) or stops the heart completely, in which case breathing also ceases. Severe burns may be visible where the current has entered the body and also at its point of exit. Electrocution is still used as a form of execution in some US states

I feel sorry for the lad.

The Chinese boy plated was horrible viewing.
what was more horrible was the selfish yank **** grabbing his bairn and running off and leaving the other bairn attached to the rail in the pool wtf was he thinking?
the poor kids grandad ran around and horses her out the pool.
surely to Christ no one is that selfish?

TBF he probably wasn't thinking, just in a state of panic about his wee one.
Not everyone can think clearly in a crisis especially when it involves their kids.

I'm not sure How I'd behave in that scenario as it's never happened.

Would I check if my own kid needed CPR before running for kid number 2?

Who knows and I hope I never find out.

the voltage is 110 so mayby not so bad as 240 similar thing happen in thailand but noone ever gets prosicuted as thais have no idea of electrics

the voltage is 110 so mayby not so bad as 240 similar thing happen in thailand but noone ever gets prosicuted as thais have no idea of electrics

No, in the States it's 120 Volts. Then again it could easily be 240 Volts to earth, depending how the swimming pool is being supplied (Single phase 3 wire 240/120V). Or could even be a 3 phase supply....

Errrmmm! your body resistance is at its lowest when wet well soaked in this case, voltage is what breaks down the resistance of your body and as its already been reduced to its lowest so 110v is highly dangerous - that aside its the current that does the damage not the voltage, in the right circumstances SELV can kill too.

We have video evidence that the current through their bodies was enough to lock their muscles so they couldn't let go, this alone should tell you how lucky they were - it would have done the same to the heart as it is also a muscle had it been in the current flow.

Reply to Kids electrocuted in swimming pool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net