Discuss LED Filament Lamps. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nicebutdim

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There was a discussion some time back that wound its way to the subject of LED filament lamps - specifically those with fairly high output - but I can't seem to find it now.

I'm trying to find B22 GLS lamps producing around 1000+ lumens, but it's proving difficult without paying considerable sums per unit and I don't want to buy no name brands of unknown quality from Amazon.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Homebase offer a similar lamp at around £8 a piece, but I was hoping to find something at slightly better value. It might well be that this is the price to be paid for suitable, fancy illumination.

I've used plenty of these with no problems, except for one that failed after one second: LED Filament GLS Lamp 8W BC (B22d) 1030lm | Toolstation - https://www.toolstation.com/led-filament-gls-lamp/p60668 Note that the price is for two.
They also came in a four pack, which worked out slightly cheaper again, but that seems to have disappeared

I believe it was you who previously pointed out the higher output filament lamps available and I'd looked at a few back then, but they now seem to be harder to come by.

Strangely the lamps that @SparkyChick linked won't shown in any search I perform on CPC Farnell, but I can access them directly through the posted link.

These lamps from Toolstation fit the bill perfectly and I'm a bit annoyed at not thinking to look there (no stores over here) as I had an order delivered from them today. On that point I'll tag @Dustydazzler as Pitacs T&E from Toolstation is currently cheaper than Prysmian from Screwfix.

Reply to LED Filament Lamps. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net