Discuss Location of fuse board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Peter Woodford

When looking through on site guide foundp about separation of gas pipework and other services when looking at a job were customer wants update fuse board found that on one side of fuse board is water pipes and on other is a gas supply boiler is also within 40cm as well if I was to mount fuse board off of wall with wooden board and was over 25mm away would this be ok

Dont think that will work looking at the OSG the 25mm is for cables. distribution boards and consumer units etc must be 150mm away thats on page 18 at the top if you have the OSG with you

Chris

How do u get around it as the old board has been there before the pipwork so it looks. don't plumbers follow any regs boiler and pipework only look a few years old

On page 18 of the OSG it states that you should have at least 25mm from gas pipework and 150mm from a meter or its associated pipework unless there is a non-combustible partition of insulating material between them.
Hope this helps, does anybody know what the best material would be for this purpose?

so what do you do if your fuseboard and gas meter are in a cupboard just big enough for both like the house i live in? i was guna show the nic man the fuseboard change i did, but not now, if it has to be 150mm away!

good point sparkyz21 I also have this in my house thinking about it. Is there any form of insulation that I can get to put around the pipework to cover this probelm

This company is based in Hertfordshire but I suspect they sell in bulk.
Home
May be worth asking at your local builders merchants, never seen it anywhere myself

PS I presume you would only have to install a barrier unless common sense dictated otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Location of fuse board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net