Discuss Lockdown hero's...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Seems to be a more frequent conversation I'm having at the minute with people that "know" me...... It usually starts with a message or a call asking if I could offer some advice on some wiring they've done over lockdown.

Now the majority of the people that have contacted me in this way are electrically trained in someway or another but the end goal is for me to basically go and certified/notify under part-p their lockdown house work they've undertaken. Whether it be extra sockets for the loft or a new supply down to the garden shed they have no real interest in how my business has coped over the previous 12 months but their offer of "cash' seems to be acceptable in their opinion.

Their sense of urgency to "get me in to sort it out" ramps up when building inspectors or landlords find out about this work and the said party cannot provide any of the required documentation for this work.

I humour them but always end up using the "too busy" line.

Anyone else had this?

Their sense of urgency to "get me in to sort it out" ramps up when building inspectors or landlords find out about this work and the said party cannot provide any of the required documentation for this work.
they know what they know what work has been carried out ,until the wheels fall of the wagon,
by say this ,they expect some one to give them a winning ticket or a get out of jail card to sort a mess out or paper work ,i get loads of people asking my solicitor needs the paper work for work that was carried out be a said spark , answer not me.

Exactly. Don't value you enough to give you the job, but come crying to you to fix it for them. Wouldn't do it. In some cases I may be kind enough to explain why not, but like you, would probably just say I'm too busy right now.

Yes I always notice when a friend of a friend or someone on a job starts trying to be my best mate. Then they will crowbar into the conversation "can you just have a look a some electrics for me" I alway go with the line " I can't as I'm not insured" but offer them a number of a guy I know who is self employed. Funny they stop being my best mate at this point ?

Reply to Lockdown hero's...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net