Discuss logos etc. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

wrighty

-
Arms
Reaction score
hey,

those of you that run your own business do you use a logo for all ur business paperwork and van? such as letterheads? business cards? sign writing? etc. im thinking of starting up and want to create a professional look from the start with a logo, and to use it on all my paperwork and van etc.

if so who designed it? how much did it cost? and where do i start ha?

cheers in advance

I don't have a logo as I don't need one however I know a couple of 'arty' people who have good imaginations. All depends on what you want, there are companies out there that will design and copyright your logo for you at a cost or get someone you know to do one, they'll retain intellectual property on it.

just something that represents me, other than just a name
I was thinking of a design that reflects me to go on the van but I don't think the customers would appreciate a yellow van with a big steaming turd on it parked outside. :lol:

I was thinking of a design that reflects me to go on the van but I don't think the customers would appreciate a yellow van with a big steaming turd on it parked outside. :lol:
logO not log!!

You probably do want a logo of some sort even if it just a specific font for your company name. This will allow easy "brand recognition" and if good can draw attention to yourself as a business.
I did mine in Photoshop, just came up with a design I thought indicated electrical work and chose a clear readable font for the company name.

You can start from basics or can pay thousands depends on what you want.
Here's one I did earlier!
Wrighty Logo.jpg
as you can see anything is possible even if it looks bad it is brand recognition.
This is meant to be W Right (angle) Y (boot). Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Last edited:
Just don't pick Strima's avatar :frown2:
I would love to use something along my avatars line but most employers/customers don't seem to have a sense of humour... :hump:

Something simple is good. All my boss has is a cartoony-style drawing of a plug top and the company name, in pretty colours of course. Looks good!

I designed mine - but I can't draw. So i sketched out and got a designer from freelancer to draw it and pack in up vector, png and jpeg etc. Was £60 I think.

Reply to logos etc. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net