• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Looking for an employer willing to take on an apprentice in the Hampshire area? in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Hi there my name is Zach, I am a 21 year old who wants to try and get into the electrician trade industry. I have a full uk license with no points and i can commute. I have found training providers but they require me to have an employer before I can start anything. If there are any local electricians willing to take on apprentice please let me know. Alternatively if you cannot help me directly but can give me advice any help will be appreciated.

Good luck on that hunt Zach, if you haven't already, find out Apprentice 1-2-1 on social media and Solent Apprenticeship Hub, between them they ought to get you in the right direction.

You don't have an apprenticeship at the moment but that's no reason to not gear yourself up for success; get yourself a set of tools; doesn't have to be fancy, just has to work and I'd say 1000v for anything pokey or pulley (that is screwdrivers and pliers).

Get yourself a bit of MDF, sockets, backboxs, a consumer unit (ideally you're gonna want an old 3036 rewirable (still tons put there and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Doris from number 68 who brought her house when you could go to the shop with a <insert pre-decimel currency (pounds, shillings, crowns and pence) here>, get a loaf and milk and still buy a house with the change, and so has the old style boards.

Make yourself a fiddle rig, practice terminations, safe isolation and testing sequences - You don't need the equipment just yet but building the muscle memory should help.

Get yourself a copy of the On-site Guide and Guidance Note 3 and learn it, not by heart but have an idea where to find information.

Get this under your belt while looking for an apprenticeship and by the time you get taken on you'll come into the job with useful skills and possibly be the difference between you and Charlie, who has no idea how to terminate a plug and so forth

Good luck & Have fun.

Hi there my name is Zach, I am a 21 year old who wants to try and get into the electrician trade industry. I have a full uk license with no points and i can commute. I have found training providers but they require me to have an employer before I can start anything. If there are any local electricians willing to take on apprentice please let me know. Alternatively if you cannot help me directly but can give me advice any help will be appreciated.
Contact people directly and explain to them that they will get paid upwards of ÂŁ3k to take you on.

Reply to Looking for an employer willing to take on an apprentice in the Hampshire area? in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net