Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Looking for safety advice regarding cooker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi. I pulled out my cooker today to clean under it and i noticed what looks like a scorch mark. I've never noticed it before and just want to be sure it doesn't spell trouble. I've attached a pic. Thanks for any advice.

20190828_204025.jpg

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
i wouldnt worry, seen that on many a cooker. Sometimes its the fats that get so hot they evaporate out and burn the back of it when they exit via the vent as seen in your picture. sometimes the fat builds up so much it looks like a burn when it actually isnt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've tried to wipe it off. Some of it comes off easily. Some of it is stuck like rust. The burnt fat theory sounds likely. Thanks for the input :)

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
burnt fat. brillo pad and elbow grease.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Betamax, eh?
Stilll got 2 VCRs, a Phillips and a Grundig...
but of the far superior VS2000 format:D
i had a Grundig, back in the 80's. brill machine. recorded on both sides of the tape( till it snapped all the tapes0

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
mine came with a pry bar to get the tapes out.

Reply to Looking for safety advice regarding cooker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom