Discuss Max length in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Scott. The best thing you can do is show us your calculations and then we can give you advice.

There's nowhere near enough info in your question to do anything with but a lot of guesswork. According to the info in your profile you should be able to do the basic load and voltdrop calcs and you should be familiar with the regs so.....you're gonna have to do some calcs and come up with a circuit design.

There is a lot more to calculating the max length of a cable than just VD. Google it and find out.

There is a lot more to calculating the max length of a cable than just VD. Google it and find out.
too ah, too long and he'll get his feet wet in the irisn sea

Poorly worded question.. Is max length purely down to volt drop or is there a max permitted length from a spur

What do you think? If unsure check the BGB or BYB and come back with any questions which you need to clarifying. We will help you but you need to at least show is your thoughts and ideas.

Reply to Max length in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I was thinking to add some lights like in the attached image, basically twin batten lights to my attic but i'm not familiar with strip...
Replies
Views
DIYer question. I have a 32 amp supply going from consumer unit in garage to kitchen. It supplies an induction hob only. The cable is easily...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m installing a wallbox pulsar max in a few weeks and they don’t come with a CT is it even allowed to fit a EVCP without a CT clamp? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all, A few months ago we had a Triton Martinique 8.5kw shower installed. We've noticed that the temperature seemed quite low. Its what I'd...
Replies
Views
Hello, New trainee electrician so sorry if this is a dumb question I feel confident with calculating the volt drop for a ring and radial circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock