Discuss Media distribution in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mickys86

Ok here goes. At home I've decided to try and install a media distribution unit (no better place to practice than at home)

I have installed a click scolmore product 'MP940' and have wired it to the diagram they have given me (see below)
5ad52343-5056-7828.jpg

5ad52343-5072-f49b.jpg

I took two pictures of diagram so that the writing can be read.

Everything works fine until I connect the magic eye. The picture goes fuzzy and it won't change the channel.

I have spoken to the company and although they say everything is wired correctly, it still won't work.

Any ideas??

Ps. I now know why my boss doesnt get involved with connecting televisions!

Also, I have turned the power on for RF - out 2 via the menu on the sky box and the power indicator is lit on the magic eye.

ARGH HELP!!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your sky pictures like on the tv's fed from distribution box without connecting a magic eye?

Connect eye directly to RF2 to make sure it isn't faulty.

Also connect magic eye directly onto uplink cable to check it lights up (thus determining no shorts)?

Was the faceplate supplied with the distribution unit?

Also have you still got analogue transmissions in your area?

If so, disconnect aerial input at sky receiver to check if you have cross modulation (sky frequency same as another frequency coming in from aerial)

sorry, the only media distribution i know of is our paper boy.

What are your sky pictures like on the tv's fed from distribution box without connecting a magic eye?

Connect eye directly to RF2 to make sure it isn't faulty.

Also connect magic eye directly onto uplink cable to check it lights up (thus determining no shorts)?

Was the faceplate supplied with the distribution unit?

Thanks for your reply.

Connected magic eye directly to RF2 and it worked fine.

Connected it to the uplink and again no problems

I haven't got a faceplate at the second telle. The coax goes straight to the telle. Although the technical department assured me this was fine

The picture quality is very good without the magic eye connected. I've included a couple of photos of this.

The company said that this doesn't need a bypass and I don't know anything about that buy I'm not sure how I'd use six magic eyes with a bypass link?

5ad52343-66c9-ffa2.jpg

5ad52343-66d8-c109.jpg

Also have you still got analogue transmissions in your area?

If so, disconnect aerial input at sky receiver to check if you have cross modulation (sky frequency same as another frequency coming in from aerial)

Haven't got an aerial connected 

Hmmmm I reckon I should try a different media box...... Click scolmore have only just bought this box out but I presumed coming from them it would be spot on!

Reply to Media distribution in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net