Discuss Merge 2 three phase DNO supplies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me a sort out the problem.
Is there any way (or device) to merge 2 three phase electrical supplies?
We have 3x100A from DNO and getting 3x200A additional. Is it possible to do that without involving DNO ?

The power is for new build 28 flats, we have existing 3x100A for construction and they can give us only 3x200A , however demand is for 3x 300A

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Why are you not talking to the DNO about this

I'm assuming that your 3 x 100A construction supply is classed as a temporary supply for construction purposes that will be removed on completion of construction and the 3 x 200A is the maximum they have available in the location / area which already includes the the 3 x 100A construction supply you already have

It is getting very difficult in some areas to get supplies and supply upgrades even if you are prepared to pay a premium, I was only reading in the last few weeks that some proposed housing estates around London were not expected to get an electricity supply until 2035

That is a problem. They can not give us new 3x300A but they can leave 3x100A temporary supply..., and give 3x200A new supply.

No, it is not possible to combine the supplies. You're lucky they are allowing 2 seperate supplies to the same property as they don't like doing that these days.

Feed 2/3rds of the flats from the 200amp supply and 1/3 from the 100amp supply.

Wasn't the availability of the supply looked at when the flats were first designed?

Has anyone considered whether a suitable water supply is available?

Feed 2/3rds of the flats from the 200amp supply and 1/3 from the 100amp supply.

Wasn't the availability of the supply looked at when the flats were first designed?

Has anyone considered whether a suitable water supply is available?
Probably not,
water is not my problem :)

2/3rd and 1/3rd is the last option but not fully satisfactory. That is why I have been trying to find other solution. This option will cause problem with power optimisation to the building and BMS. The building is block of flats with 45kW heat pumps, 50kW solar panels.

Reply to Merge 2 three phase DNO supplies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net