Discuss Mesh Computers-Beware! in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just a word of warning for anyone contemplating buying from Mesh:

We ordered an Evolution 2400M system for £723 on 28/02/11 with delivery of 10-14 days.

The full payment was taken the following day.

The 14 days passed and after 3 more promised delivery dates were missed, we cancelled our order and received a cancellation acknowledgement e-mail on 24/03/11 saying that our refund would take 'up to 30 days' !!

Needless to say, our refund has still not been made and yesterday I managed to find a direct number for Mesh accounts. I called the number 26 times and each time the handset was lifted (office chatter could be heard) and replaced, ending the call!

On the 27th attempt, my call was answered and I was told that 'we've been waiting for you to call us with your credit card details so that we could process your refund' !!!!

I asked why I hadn't been told this and what would have happened if I hadn't called to threaten legal action and she said 'nothing, we don't call customers'!!

I have never experienced customer service as poor as this and feel like we've been almost scammed into giving Mesh an interest-free loan of £723 for a few months!

I still have my doubts on whether the refund will be processed after finding the web site in the link below and seeing just how many other people have been treated in a similar way!

Reviews on Mesh Computers Look at tests, reports and read reviews: dooyoo.co.uk

I should have asked the question here before ordering!

Thanks chaps, maybe it will prevent anyone else falling into the Mesh trap.

Sorry to hear that, IQ. I bought a system from cube 24/7, (i've built my own in the past but frankly off the shelf is cheaper, as I would want "named" components ;)).

Anyway, I did have to RTB just on the year as I had a problem with it (DVD drops off). After some weeks they diagnosed a dodgy HDD, so replaced it, along with the cables, MB & DVD - hmmm yeah I think not.

It came back, no further guarantee and ran fine for about 2 months, then DVD started dropping off again. After some diagnostic investigation myself, turns out incompatibility with iTunes and vista... great, eh!

Anyway, I guess my point is, perhaps it's better to buy from more localised places (far be it from me to suggest PC World :rolleyes: but at least there's a return point and contact.

Hope you get your money back and a lovely shiney new PC soon!

I sent the spec to a local PC company with the proviso that they use the exact components and it's working out at £50 more than Mesh but then again, Mesh couldn't actually produce anything so I'm quite happy for them to build it and like you say, service is far more convenient with a local company!

Its a nightmare when something like this happens, been there once or twice before.

In the past if i've not been refunded or not been able to communicate with the seller, its onto the credit card company and start a fruadulant claim report with them.

Each time i've had the cash back on the card withing 2 weeks.

Its a nightmare when something like this happens, been there once or twice before.

In the past if i've not been refunded or not been able to communicate with the seller, its onto the credit card company and start a fruadulant claim report with them.

Each time i've had the cash back on the card withing 2 weeks.

I still have a feeling that we'll end up doing that, other chaps on the link that I posted have got as far as us with the refund process but still no money!

I just can't understand how the company is still trading with those sort of ethics, I thought we were just unlucky until I found that site!

Just as an update, no refund received as predicted, contacted credit card company yesterday to start a 'disputed item' procedure under the Consumer Credit Act.

It's still going to take up to a month but at least I know we'll get it, even if Mesh Computers go bust (surely only a matter of time).

anything over£100 and specialy online i use Credit card specificaly for the insurance part even have a wee £500 limit card specificaly for online so if I am subject to identity fraud its only a max of£500
As for MESH wasnt there a thing about them on Watch(howling looking woman called Anne) dog

anything over£100 and specialy online i use Credit card specificaly for the insurance part even have a wee £500 limit card specificaly for online so if I am subject to identity fraud its only a max of£500
As for MESH wasnt there a thing about them on Watch(howling looking woman called Anne) dog

i think shes quite smart actually,not on a vorderman super ---- level but smart..:eek:

im hoping get a new pc next month purely for games in all honesty also the average fammily stuff like surfin the net its just confusing on what to get all i keep hearing is intel is the best then amd is the best got a 600 budget just for the base unit so going have a chat with overclockers when i get the money as they only 10mins round the corner from me had a pc from pc world that lasted 3 years till the motherboard died on just dont know what get at the moment i know overclockers you have to buy windows seperate so that eats in my budget

any tips on what to look at for a gaming pc would be appreciated as im not to clued up computer specs

Good news, after 3 months and endless lies regarding refunds, today we received our £723 plus £25 for 'costs'.

This was all from the credit card company who did a 'chargeback' after we sent them the 'paper trail' of e-mail lies from Mesh.

The infuriating point here is that after some web searching, it appears that Mesh have operated in this manner in countless other cases over the last few years-how are they still allowed to trade?

Reply to Mesh Computers-Beware! in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net