Discuss MK fuse board modification question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

podcmd

Hi All,
I have just joined the forum to ask the following question and hopefully get a way forward.
So i bought this electric cooker: Zanussi | Cooking | Cookers | ZCV665MX

Then realised there was no electric cooker unit in my kitchen. So it would need a new circuit added to my fuse board.

I have attached pictures of my board. Anyone know where i can get parts to make this work. Extend the bus bar section, add MCB, then do the wiring..

Electrician has quoted £350 for a new board and installation of both that and cooker. I have bought the materials myself for the cooker and was just wanting the installation to save some money.

Thanks for all help photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

not sure if a new breaker can be squeezed in there. as it appears to be an obsolete australian board, the £350 quote for a new CU to current standards looks your best option. esp. if the £350 includes fitting it the right way up. LOL.

thae end MCB looks to be a bit stuffed as well. a new board ( say a 12 way), would clear that up and give room for future expansion.

Hi,

To be honest , there are ways to extend; but then you would be going away from the manufacturer's design which I certainly wouldn't entertain. As previously mentioned the install of a new board, especially with the crowded MCB's at the RH side is I believe the best option. It has already been mentioned in the post above, and I would agree with that.

Regards.

the alternative would be a 2way board paralleled up with that **** , added to the tails using henleys.

Reply to MK fuse board modification question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net