Discuss Motorised gate arm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Right general run thorough
Gate disconnected as one arm was live and earths were cut out

tested arm and yes it was live, ran through everything I could and after disconnecting the capacitor the arm had no voltage or continuity.

replaced capacitor and voltage is back and the gate will only open and no longer closes
I have cleaned photocells re terminated ropey connections literally lost

at my last nerve now before I rip it off and skip it !!

Are you saying the actual arm is live???? Isolate it before someone gets a belt.

ive got some great videos of a barrier going up and down because the sun was shining across the photocells and confusing it.

Are you saying the actual arm is live???? Isolate it before someone gets a belt.

ive got some great videos of a barrier going up and down because the sun was shining across the photocells and confusing it.
Yes the actual arm is live and yes it is locked off at rotary just trying to figure it out After removing water damaged capacitor (brown stain) it lost continuity to arm and lives and now even with new parts the problem returns

you need to disconnect all the component parts of this system,
arms, controllers, underground cables etc

some insulation testing should show where the faults are.

Reply to Motorised gate arm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a set of FAAC gates. They work on a master switch a sim card opening system where my phone opens the gates. Everything was working...
Replies
Views
hello i am a diy man who likes to have a go electrics are something that i sometimes have trouble with i have an electric kit for my wooden...
Replies
Views
Just thoughts Id share my recent fun and games on my parents farm.. The electrics are old. Its a 400yr old house with outbuildings just as old...
Replies
Views
Need some help please. Got a brain teaser for my first post. My pool pump motor cratered over 4th of July. It was working fine and started to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock