Discuss Napit competence assessment 2day assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

woodsta

Hi has anyone done the napit competent person assessment. I have to do this 2day assessment at there hq tomorrow. I have read posts that say the first day is an online multiple choice which you are able to go over many time so it's 100% pass?

Any my tips as what to look out for on the testing practical day two would be much appreciated.

Hi has anyone done the napit competent person assessment. I have to do this 2day assessment at there hq tomorrow. I have read posts that say the first day is an online multiple choice which you are able to go over many time so it's 100% pass?

Any my tips as what to look out for on the testing practical day two would be much appreciated.

So it's a formality then really, but good luck, not that you will need it.

No I haven't I failed the 2391 but have 2392 and was a napit member until dec 2013. Now to rejoin I have to do this for £260. I would have rather done the 2394/5. Within 12 monthe of joining. I understand why they are doing it don't get me wrong.

If you don't have a copy, download the Memorandum of guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989:

Memorandum of guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 - HSE Books

There will be questions on it.
You will need to get 100% correct answers to pass.
If you get a question incorrect, you will have to retake only that question. You will be given 2 minutes for each incorrect answer. So remember the question & find the answer before resitting.

The practical is just a Condition Report on a simulated Basement & Flat.
Goodluck.
Ray

It is because you don't have NVQ3 they can extract some money out of you every five years. I googled it below:

Why Take this Assessment?

If, through experience, previous training or independent learning you feel confident in your ability to pass a full scope competency assessment, then this assessment presents a training solution that will allow you to avoid the additional cost and time commitments of having to undergo training that you may not need.

Assessment and certification are covered by UKAS accreditation to ISO 17024.
This Assessment Covers (over 2 days)

The assessment has been designed for experienced contracting electricians who are familiar with BS7671:2008(2011), On-Site Guide, Guidance Notes 3 and the Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Act 1989.

It will assess your competency under the following topics:

• Basic electrical knowledge (Ohm’s Law etc.)

• Statutory regulations

• Health & safety

• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989

• Part P of the Building Regulations

• BS 7671:2008(2011) & On-site guide

Working on approved model rigs, the candidate will also need to show competence in:

• Carrying out a periodic inspection on an existing 3 phase installation and correct
    completion of a Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)

• Carrying out an initial inspection and test of a new domestic installation and correct
    completion of an electrical installation certificate

• Carrying out an inspection and test of an addition to an existing circuit and correct
    completion of a minor works certificate

Assessment runs over 2 days which may not be consecutive. Please check at time of booking (if more than 4 places booked, practical will take place on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] day)
First 4 places booked will run on the 1st & 2nd day, last 4 places booked will be the 1st & 3rd day.

Assessment Structure

This two day assessment process will feature a half day online, open book, theory examination. This will be followed by a full day practical assessment for successful theory candidates.

Assessment Materials

On attendance of the assessment, you will need to bring the following:
• IET Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008 amd 1 (2011)
• Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, HSE (free download)
• IET Guidance Note 3
• IET Onsite Guide BS7671:2008 (2011)
• Your own test equipment and in date calibration certificate (we can provide test equipment if required)

Assessment Requirements

No prerequisites.

On Completion of the Assessment

On successful completion of this assessment, candidates will receive a Blueflame Certificate of Competence, approved by UKAS and valid for 5 years. This is one of a number of qualifications required for NAPIT's all electrical work scheme and therefore represents a step towards being able to self-notify under Part P of the Building Regulations.

Price

£240.00 + VAT.

Last edited:
If you have removed the shackles of a scheme once you must have good reason to want to look yourself back into that system again

I thought the new joining criteria for these schemes included acceptance of Qs status if it was in the last 2 years
If I am not typing dribble maybe your assessment was not really required this time

If you have NVQ3 and 17th regs then all they might want is an Insp/Test qual. Would your £££'s not be better spent on that. They can't take that off you every 5 years then.

Is this honestly how napit work? makes me lol

Im with elecsa and im assessed every single year ... I have been a QS within the last 2years before i went it alone when my dad retired, i have all the qualifcations required ... so napit would take me on without seeing any practical work what so ever? haha how sad.

We all know that any dummy can get qualifications these days so how would napit know im competent without seeing my work?

Im with elecsa and im assessed every single year ... I have been a QS within the last 2years before i went it alone when my dad retired, i have all the qualifcations required ... so napit would take me on without seeing any practical work what so ever? haha how sad.

We all know that any dummy can get qualifications these days so how would napit know im competent without seeing my work?

I'm fairly sure this isn't how it works. He will have his yearly NAPIT assessment, as you would Elecsa, but before he can be accepted on to the scheme he has to be assessed first as he doesn't have the required qualifications.

As above really. He will still be annually visited and assessed, this is just regarding the qual requirements.

I thought ELECSA/NIC etc were moving towards a longer period between assessment visits now?
On my last NAPIT assessment he said if you have clean assessment with no non-compliances then they are looking to go to bi-annual assessments. I had no non-compliances so will see this year what happens.

Right, i mis-read the previous posts granted ... which is a relief.

But i'll be extremley suprised if any of the scams reduce fee's for any reason lol Pigs will fly surely.

I totally agree! It's highly unlikely...however, if you have been compliant and therefore don't need an assessment every year, surely the amount paid for the second year should be reduced accordingly?

Reply to Napit competence assessment 2day assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net