Discuss New cable thread/pull rod kit ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Super Rod are hard to beat for their range of accessories and Runpotec are reputed to be as tough as any available.

At the other end of the spectrum cheap, skinny sets from wholesalers will fit in places that expensive rods won't.

The self seeking magnetic heads on the SuperRods have saved the day occasionally when you can only access a long distance apart, for instance either side of a wall through existing downlight positions, saves cutting new access points and making good, the finger trap for cable pulling is also tremendously useful, sometimes you do need a very flexible rod, it's hard to get it just right between stiff and floppy, keep it clean. 🥴

The self seeking magnetic heads on the SuperRods have saved the day occasionally when you can only access a long distance apart, for instance either side of a wall through existing downlight positions, saves cutting new access points and making good, the finger trap for cable pulling is also tremendously useful, sometimes you do need a very flexible rod, it's hard to get it just right between stiff and floppy, keep it clean. 🥴

Great Post Mike. Keep it up!

Magnet & chain is very handy at times, but chain could do with being considerably stronger - doesn't take much to break it.

SuperRods are good , had my set for ages and still going strong.

I also have a cheapo blue set fo rods I got of Flea bay which are okay but if you get rough with them they will snap

and pulling in a single draw wire first so you have something good and strong to haul in the 16 cables that you are trying to pull down a void or conduit.

I've had my super-rods full set about a year, the chain broke last week, and one of the cable socks is just starting to go but it's still usable.
Even taking that into consideration I still don't regret the purchase, they have saved so much time and pulled off some near miracles in domestic situations.
(I'm about to try B&Q brass bead chain with the standard cable eye. I'll post the results if they work!)

Oval conduit does the job well, also good fishing rod with an old metal coat hanger unwound and taped to it squeezing the hanger bit with plyers to make more of a hook
Dang, I have teh same set up with an off cut of 20mm oval with an old wire hanger formed to make a hook taped on the end

Another one for Super rod here.
I've been using them for 10 years or so.
It's a bit like Triggers broom though, in that time I've replaced the accessory kit, half the yellow rods and the flexible rod at least once.
I've accumulated a few bits for it as well.
It's great stuff and has been one of my best tool tart purchases.

Another one for Super rod here.
I've been using them for 10 years or so.
It's a bit like Triggers broom though, in that time I've replaced the accessory kit, half the yellow rods and the flexible rod at least once.
I've accumulated a few bits for it as well.
It's great stuff and has been one of my best tool tart purchases.
Agree, Out of all the Carp I have accumulated over the past 20 years my Rods are used every week/

This was the one I had in mind - says chrome plated brass?

This is the one I'd looked at, which would work in conjunction with a magnet.

Amazing that they offer chrome plated brass and brass plated steel!

Reply to New cable thread/pull rod kit ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net