Discuss New dwelling temporary supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JonAW

Hi guys,

A fairly basic question here, or rather clarification. I need to put in a temporary supply for the work men on site in my new build. There has been no power at the site before and NIE have just installed their transformer and pulled in their supply cable (100A TN-C-S supply). For connection of a temporary supply am I right in saying I need a 100A DP mains switch and earth iscoe for NIE to connect into out of their cut-out, a 30mA rcd and 16A mcb in a separate board feeding into a 16A 3 pin socket all enclosed in a standard pirelli box? Just to let you know I'm 16th edition and haven't upgraded yet hence the need for clarification.

thanks for any comments etc.

Jonny

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not look in the shed and see what you can find

Largish bit of ply wood - 2 way board main sw - OR main RCD with MCB/ RCBO feeding 2-4 double sockets on

patteress also fixed to ply then fix to wall or DNO 's ply board . Jobs a good an . with relevant tails and

earthing of course

Hi guys,

A fairly basic question here, or rather clarification. I need to put in a temporary supply for the work men on site in my new build. There has been no power at the site before and NIE have just installed their transformer and pulled in their supply cable (100A TN-C-S supply). For connection of a temporary supply am I right in saying I need a 100A DP mains switch and earth iscoe for NIE to connect into out of their cut-out, a 30mA rcd and 16A mcb in a separate board feeding into a 16A 3 pin socket all enclosed in a standard pirelli box? Just to let you know I'm 16th edition and haven't upgraded yet hence the need for clarification.

thanks for any comments etc.

Jonny

I have known NIE not to supply an earth if it is a temporary supply that has been requested. Therefore you may need to supply an earth electrode as in effect they will be giving you a TT system. Just one to be careful of as you will get charged for a recall if they refuse to connect.

Reply to New dwelling temporary supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net