Discuss nic inspection in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craig1000

Hi was wondering if anyone knew if for my first nic inspection can i use work that iv been doing on a commercial job for another contractor? i.e at the moment i sub myself out to small companies , either on daywork or small bits of large jobs on price so would this work be acceptable to use for the nic to inspect to gain my registration????

Hi Craig,

I don't think they accept commercial/industrial installations 'cos they don't fall under
the part p building regs. Napit does if I remember right, not sure though.

Hi Craig,

What's your second job to show them? If it's a major installation (full cert) you may be OK. Somehow I doubt it though as they're testing you not anyone who *might* be supervising you elsewhere? If in doubt, why not call the NIC helpline and ask?

A while back I spoke to one of the ladies in the inspection office itself and she was very helpful.

Hi, you have to have compleated certs, in your case they will be green certs. if your doing work for some one else, are they supplying the certs if so i dont think they will except them, got to be in your proposed company name, not so sure though. give em a call and ask!. one of your jobs can be at your own house, so whip yourself a new circuit for an outside socket, a walk in the park. Jay

Reply to nic inspection in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I never really come on here to be honest, but I thought I’d get the opinion of a world of unknown to me electrical contractors because...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’m hoping for some advice. I currently run a small limited company that provides IT services, both commercial and domestic so I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock