NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC assessment query

Discuss NICEIC assessment query in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

djelectric

I have got my domestic installer assessment on Tuesday and have been doing some work over the weekend for the guy to assess. It's 5 mins from my house as they request that the job be within 30 mins distance. Most other jobs I've done (that are adequate to be assess on) are over an hours drive away so this worked out ideal..

Anyway, they want to see either a CU change, a re-wire or a new circuit. I've installed a new outside circuit, fed from a new RCBO, feeding a single socket outlet, 2 switched lights and 1 PIR switched light.

Now that I have come to test and certificate it I'm now having second thoughts about this being enough for them to assess as the lighting side of the circuit is fed via a fused spur..

Am I correct in thinking that I would only fill out an EIC for the socket outlet and everything after the spur a minor works cert?

Or do I put both onto the EIC separately?

Panicking now, I've left this way too late!!

you fill out a EIC to cover all the work that you have done.

I have to admit nobody has really ever asked me about part p or what it is.

when I get my new can in a week or two I'm probably not putting the part p logo back on the van

I don't understand why people say the NICEIC cost so much? They don't cost any more than any other scheme? or am i totally missing something here?

Interestingly I noticed on here someone mention CDM Records for their NICEIC assessment, this is not something that has ever cropped up with me and as i have another NICEIC AC Assessment in a couple of weeks, id be interested to know about the CDM and if i need to keep records as such.

Purely because I have been offered pretty much full time sub contracting work by someone if I get registered with them. He has it all over his website/van/cards etc. Plus they're highly recognised. They charge an arm and a leg though!

Makes good business sense.... not a bad reason...... I'm with Stroma, purely so I can register notifiable work, I don't sub, nor want to so its horses for courses

I don't understand why people say the NICEIC cost so much? They don't cost any more than any other scheme? or am i totally missing something here?

Interestingly I noticed on here someone mention CDM Records for their NICEIC assessment, this is not something that has ever cropped up with me and as i have another NICEIC AC Assessment in a couple of weeks, id be interested to know about the CDM and if i need to keep records as such.

Being part of a scam shouldn't really cost you anything as the cost should be spread out and passed on to your customers.CDM is law and from April 2015 it now includes domestic. Hightower posted a link to an app which only takes a few mins to fill out.

Being part of a scam shouldn't really cost you anything as the cost should be spread out and passed on to your customers.CDM is law and from April 2015 it now includes domestic. Hightower posted a link to an app which only takes a few mins to fill out.

Precisely.

I charge £10.00 for notifications ..... so I'm happy!

as i have another NICEIC AC Assessment in a couple of weeks, id be interested to know about the CDM and if i need to keep records as such.

There's only Approved Contractor here, and I had an assessment recently and can't say that CDM Regs really came into it. Although you should remember that there is a legal duty to comply with them.

You could always do the NIC on-line CDM course, to bump up their profits, and then flash the pass certificate to your assessor!

I have got my domestic installer assessment on Tuesday and have been doing some work over the weekend for the guy to assess. It's 5 mins from my house as they request that the job be within 30 mins distance. Most other jobs I've done (that are adequate to be assess on) are over an hours drive away so this worked out ideal..

Anyway, they want to see either a CU change, a re-wire or a new circuit. I've installed a new outside circuit, fed from a new RCBO, feeding a single socket outlet, 2 switched lights and 1 PIR switched light.

Now that I have come to test and certificate it I'm now having second thoughts about this being enough for them to assess as the lighting side of the circuit is fed via a fused spur..

Am I correct in thinking that I would only fill out an EIC for the socket outlet and everything after the spur a minor works cert?

Or do I put both onto the EIC separately?

Panicking now, I've left this way too late!!
Why did only put one circuit in? why not one for the socket and one for the lighting, could be a sign of bad planning at the design stage.

Reply to NICEIC assessment query in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net