Discuss NICEIC Domestic Installer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chelseaboy

Just got off the phone with a friend who has just told me that the NICEIC are now not insisting on 12 months experience to join there Domestic Installers scheme. Has anyone else heard this?

could be a step in the right direction for a change.

plenty available off the buses.

images

I hate to Telectrix ...................... not really mate

that's the one. stick a niceic badge on his hat, and there you go. instant assessor.

is it not 12 months proof of trading, not 12 months experience?
I would hope all of them would want at least 12 months experience in some form.......

But yes, I had also heard they were not being so fussy with their entry criteria. Perhaps they are getting worried about business what with all the recommendations for Elecsa on here ;)

But yes, I had also heard they were not being so fussy with their entry criteria. Perhaps they are getting worried about business what with all the recommendations for Elecsa on here ;)

not at all in fact they are more fussy they now insist on checking the jobs you show them have really been registered for part p compliance etc and done by yourself etc. last one i had was even told i had to provide transport for the assessor between the jobs ie they get to your office then you ferry them about

not at all in fact they are more fussy they now insist on checking the jobs you show them have really been registered for part p compliance etc and done by yourself etc. last one i had was even told i had to provide transport for the assessor between the jobs ie they get to your office then you ferry them about

Ah, but I am guessing you are already signed up with them? I reckon it might be easier if they are trying to snare new members :)

What do you mean not done by yourself? Surely the whole point is the job should be done by you? Or do you mean they will not let you do the job, sign up then notify it via them like everyone else does?

both
it seems some people use other peoples work and so it wont be notified under your name ! , also they want to check it was done within the last 12 months as older work cant be used
they would not let a new person have their first assessment and then notify the job, one would have to use BCS until they are registered

As mentioned by some else, for DI you don't need 12 months experience or trading but you do/did for Approved Contractor.

at the risk of hijacking this thread, what is the difference between DI and approved contractor with NICEIC? My Elecsa card says "Part P Approved Contractor". Is this DI in NICEIC terms? (just curious....)

at the risk of hijacking this thread, what is the difference between DI and approved contractor with NICEIC? My Elecsa card says "Part P Approved Contractor". Is this DI in NICEIC terms? (just curious....)

yes the DI is a part p electrician

Part p approved contractor/ Niceic DI
These are for domestic electricians/chippies/plumbers/general handymen and 5 week wonders

Niceic A/C - NAPIT - ECA is for proper electricians who undertake the whole scope of bs7671 (you won't get away with using one of your mates job for these assessments)

Reply to NICEIC Domestic Installer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net